Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #451  
amazing....i moved to raleigh durham in about 1980. If there was a murder it made the news, some times for a few days.

Now i watch the crawler on the bottom.....3 shot here, 2 shot there, drive by this and that.

Like the wild west I guess? It's the random killing that scares me, i don't much care if you want to kill each other, just leave me and mine out of it!

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #452  
amazing....i moved to raleigh durham in about 1980. If there was a murder it made the news, some times for a few days.

Now i watch the crawler on the bottom.....3 shot here, 2 shot there, drive by this and that.

Like the wild west I guess? It's the random killing that scares me, i don't much care if you want to kill each other, just leave me and mine out of it!
I moved to Winston about 20 years after you. Honestly, never seemed so bad crime wise. Now, between Greensboro, Winston Salem and High Point, seems you can't go a day without someone being shot in town.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #453  
Yeah, agree
that hush money to cover up crime continues all the way through pro ranks and beyond
The NFL, NBA, etc have a LOT to lose if ALL of their player’s committing these crimes get exposed and included in your criminal stats chart.
I coached HS football and lacrosse for many years, stepping down in 2018.We had a foot team that competed in the district and state finals many times. We have put many players in D-1 college programs. I can tell you we ran a very clean system and program, BUT I have seen where our BEST players bad choices and infractions in schools were “overlooked” by teachers. I’m talking minor stuff here compared to college and pro (skipping classes, bullying, etc), BUT, that is where the problems start.
And who is worse? The person making the bad choices or the people letting them get away with it?

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #454  
And who is worse? The person making the bad choices or the people letting them get away with it?
I guess the teachers in the schools are considered to be facilitators and enablers for further bad behavior. I never saw any of it as I was a non-teacher coach

But the perpetrators are worse. They are doing the actual crime. Let’s not make excuses for people committing crimes. Criminals are criminals.
Hush money and looking the other way and victim intimidation make the NFL crime stats look much better than the general public

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #455  
I believe the issue is that NFL players make the news and are "newsworthy", particularly when it comes to their hometowns and state.

The issue with the graph I posted is it does not compare a NFL players job vs other job professions. I think part of the issue is trying to find the profession of the person actually arrested who isn't a "career criminal" to begin with.

What I did find is that per the FBI, the arrest rate in the NFL is 1 in 45. The national average for non professional athletes is like 1 in 30. Did come across the fact that the NBA actually has a higher arrest record than the NFL, and found somewhat surprising that professional hockey players have the lowest arrest percentage in pro sports, and some people will claim that's because there are fewer black people playing in hockey. Although a comment like that could be taken as factual, the reality is there is more of a "cause and affect" due to environment as the person grows from childhood into adulthood.

What I did find interesting is serial killers professions
  • Top 3 Skilled Serial-Killer Occupations: 1. Aircraft machinist/assembler; 2. Shoemaker/repair person; 3. Automobile upholsterer
  • Top 3 Semi-Skilled Serial Killer Occupations: 1. Forestry worker/arborist; 2. Truck driver; 3. Warehouse manager
  • Top 3 Unskilled Serial Killer Occupations: 1. General laborer (mover, landscaper, et. al.); 2. Hotel porter; 3. Gas station attendant
  • Top 3 Professional/Government Serial Killer Occupations: 1. Police/security official; 2. Military personnel; 3. Religious official
At least no professional sports were mentioned for serial killers ;)

Thing is when talking looking at recidivism rates, it made me think. I can't prove it, but in some ways I think prision becomes more like the miltary for unemployed men who forwhatever reason couldn't find work before or after prision life (and lets face it, finding work with a prison record is hard).
Unskilled serial killer occupations...

Didn't think I'd be reading up on that today, but it is very interesting.

A long time ago I worked at airports. I knew a lot of people in the aircraft assembly, maintenance and repair sector. At Fixed Base Operations it seemed like many aircraft mechanics were drifters. I met several that had anti-social traits. And, to top off what you quoted up there, we'd send aircraft seats out to one particular automobile upholsterer who gave most people the creeps! Yikes. :eek:

:ROFLMAO:

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #456  

I'd guess that most of the shootings in our area are not random. Most parties know each other, and they are either domestic, drug, or gang related incidences. And, there are just some random people getting into fights. Unfortunately, there are also occasionally people that had nothing to do with it getting hit from bullets fired blocks away.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #457  
I guess the teachers in the schools are considered to be facilitators and enablers for further bad behavior. I never saw any of it as I was a non-teacher coach

But the perpetrators are worse. They are doing the actual crime. Let’s not make excuses for people committing crimes. Criminals are criminals.
Hush money and looking the other way and victim intimidation make the NFL crime stats look much better than the general public
I think the faciliators are worse than the perpetrator.

I also think that you should throw the school adminstration under the bus as well as any teacher.

Have a kid growing up thinking he can get away with crap because he plays sports, IMO the bad behavior runs a greater chance of growing.

Kids will be kids and a certain percentage will always try to get away with crap.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #458  
Unskilled serial killer occupations...

Didn't think I'd be reading up on that today, but it is very interesting.

A long time ago I worked at airports. I knew a lot of people in the aircraft assembly, maintenance and repair sector. At Fixed Base Operations it seemed like many aircraft mechanics were drifters. I met several that had anti-social traits. And, to top off what you quoted up there, we'd send aircraft seats out to one particular automobile upholsterer who gave most people the creeps! Yikes. :eek:

:ROFLMAO:
Interesting.

I was honestly scratching my head over those stats. I thought for sure a circus carney would be there LOL

Last edited:
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #459  
It didnt mention boat captains, and the cruise industry employees. Those folks are real rolling stones that follow the $$ and opportunities.
I know a few and I keep a long distance away.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #460  
Chips ?...LoL...that's the proverbial red herring...bill gates ponied up to be the rubber chicken (took one for the team)...!

Chips can be small but hardly injectable with the gauge needles being used for the vax...nanobots now are a different story...(wink,wink)
I was hoping for chips, my exBIL could make a mean salsa, but nannybots might be just the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.