Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #11  
We don't keep guns for self defense, we keep guns because we might need to shoot something. People in cities think guns are for shooting people. I can't imagine that.

I thought the same way until someone was trying to break into the house. I can now imagine it and would have had no hesitation in doing so. Thankfully he was smart enough when he saw the gun to try to leave. Thankfully when we called 911 there was actually an officer close by. Caught the guy.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #12  
I think modern American life is not good for people. There is too much noise, too much congestion, too many rules, and a constant drum beat of fear and anger. It is not good for people to live in fear.
I don't think it is a problem with "modern American" life but just life. Other countries have it far worse with noise, congestion, rules,... Can't imagine what it is like to live in China, and I have visited China, nor Russia, Cuba, Venezuela, Pakistan, ...

In those places, and others, the mass murders are done by the people in charge. 🤔

Pick a time in history and one local group was doing it horrible things to another group. Today at least, in some places, it has changed so that an individual doing bad things is viewed as a horrible event done by a deranged person, compared to years past, where it was an accepted behavior done by a group of "normal" people.

Look at the example of the Viking Blood Eagle Execution "ritual." There are many others...

Later,
Dan

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #13  
You have no idea. I was reading something about China, and in areas where you already couldn't breath, they set up GIANT incinerators, and some other mind blowing unhealthy complex, I can't think of.
I go outside and all that fresh air hurts my nose! lol

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #14  
Things like this have been going on for longer than most people realize. Now, however, we have instant communications and more access to more ways to destroy life.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #15  
People have anger and hate and they don't know how to cope with life's disappointments. Our schools teach that everyone gets a ribbon or gold star and you should always get what you want. Then these people get older and are mad because reality sets in. I think it will get worse before it gets better. Sad.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #16  
Just don't see light at end of this tunnel. :(

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #17  
Speaking about Indianapolis specifically, I have family there. For the most part, it's not a bad place to live. Just driving through and spending some time there, you wouldn't think it's the nation's 17th largest city. It's spread out over almost an entire county. As with most large cities, it has it's very wealthy and very poor neighborhoods. Very good, and very poor schools. Very safe and very unsafe areas. Just a typical large urban/suburban area.

Of course, that has nothing to do with what happened at Fedex. That was aparently a 19 year old former employee.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #18  
People have anger and hate and they don't know how to cope with life's disappointments. ........ I think it will get worse before it gets better. Sad.
I agree. Coping skills are no longer taught through proper parenting.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #19  
Also, just to make a point, the Indianapolis shooting was just one of about 44 other mass shootings in the U.S. in, get this, the past 1 month. 44 mass shootings in 30 days.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #20  
here we go......

Status
Not open for further replies.