Why buy a Deere CUT?

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #11  
I started looking at CUTS first of March. I made the rounds to local dealers within 50 miles of me and checked out JD, Kubota Massy, Kioti and Mahindra. Just seemed to me that the JD dealer really wanted to sell me a tractor. Took delivery of a 2018 2025R couple months ago and am quite pleased with it. Just did not seem that the other brand dealers in my area were as determined to sell me a machine as my JD salesman. In fact first visit of many he flat told me that he was going to sell me a tractor and was willing to do what ever it took within reason. I may have had a bit of brand loyalty to JD as my lawn and garden tractors are both JD.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #12  
JD makes some great tractors

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #14  
Why buy a Deere CUT, new one is a 2038R...because my original CUT, an 855 is still running like a Deere, (it's major repair has been that it had to have its neutral switch tightened up)

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #15  
In the 36+ years out here I've owned two new tractors. Bought a brand new Ford 1710 4WD in '82 - traded it in for a brand new 2009 Kubota M6040. I considered - Kioti, JD, Kubota, New Holland, IH Case when I purchased the M6040 in 2009. For all the right reasons, for me, I chose Kubota. Its very simple - its a matter of personal preference.

You see - by 2009 I'd had, what - some 27 years experience with the Ford 1710. I wanted a larger tractor - I knew EXACTLY what I wanted - the 2009 Kubota M6040 provided that.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #16  
I bought my 3032E in January of 2014 with loader, blade, brush hog, and loaded tires delivered for $19k brand new with 0% financing for 5 years. No manufacturer could touch that deal. My tractor has been flawless with 0 issues in 4.5 years. It's a keeper. Do some shopping instead of whining and you might just find a deal like I did.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #17  
I'm in the market for a new tractor ~35HP. So, I've been comparing tractor HP, loader lift capacity, tractor weight and price. From there, it boils down to little nuances, like quick attach buckets, 3 range hydro trannies, etc, which the Deere also does not have (in the models I am looking at). From everything I can see, the Deere, lets say the 3038E, is the least tractor for the most money in all categories.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Deere. I'm posting here to get insight from Deere owners what drives their decision to get a Deere.

I looked at Deere and Kubota tractors yesterday and your findings are correct, not that Kubota is my first choice of all tractors. There is a reason Kubota owns the market share 40HP and down, that could be a different story if Massey had more dealerships in more places. And I am certainly not bashing Deere, I have had a few, my family has a few but when I look at the specs and the tractors all I like is the paint..

In the 80's and 90's when I looked at a Deere tractor, I saw something special, more rugged, better built, just in a class by itself, these days it seems they couldn't care less what people think of there SCUT's or CUT's, I think there into selling monster tractors for huge money, big choppers etc. I looked at a 2025R 24.7 engine HP 17.2 PTO HP, no 3 range hydro, my tiny 22.5 hp Massey has 18.8 HP at the PTO.. IMO Deere doesn't care about the small tractor market, they really don't need it anyway..

The plan was a few years back that they would design a new power tech for there SCUT's and CUT's, that never happened because Yanmar had all Tier stuff figured out and it was cheaper just to use them instead but IMO they should have stayed the course and made something of there own, JD took the "special" out of the green tractor for me..

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #20  
I looked at Kubota before I purchased my 2038R and Kubota has NOTHING that will compare apples to apples on a JD as a matter of fact they don't even offer what Deere does so I believe you are mistaken atsah - maybe deere could put in a different engine but how many people really put their own engines in tractors? not a lot I have IH with German diesels - White with Perkins, Volvo with Perkins, Massey with Continental, many of the small manufacturers use many many variations of Cummins, Iseki, take your pick I can go on and on so picking on a deere/yanmar is like picking on a scab.