Why buy one?

/ Why buy one? #71  
Could have been me. How long or better asked, how many hours have you moved snow with it?

Approx 300 hrs of snow removal...Maine winters every year since 12' with one failure that required me to break out a tractor...I drove over the edge of my driveway into the ditch and when reversing I broke a CV axle which was replaced and I haven't had another issue.

CVT's are very efficient and work great for sxs's

/ Why buy one? #72  
Just wait! lol Here, a full size truck and plow wouldn't be much good. You wouild just bounce off the windrows after a freeze/thaw cycle or two.

No one EVER mentions repair costs on UTVs. How much for the CV shaft?

/ Why buy one? #74  
I think Mahindra may have come out with a model that has a longer bed. Looks like it could be an 8' long bed. I haven't seen it except pictures and the angle was hard to tell but the advertisement lingo said 'extended bed'.

/ Why buy one? #75  
On CTV's;I have an 1998 Kawasaki Prairie purchased new with 5,000 miles(four winters plowing snow) with the original drive belt;I put
4,000 miles on a Yamaha Viking and my current Yamaha has 1200 miles with no belt problems.
We also purchased a new Subaru Outback in 2010(first CTV transmission) put 60,000 miles on it before trading(again no problems).
I think CVT's get a bad rap from snowmobiles;high HP and revolutions.
Their are a lot of auto manufacture's using CVT's in cars now.

/ Why buy one? #76  
I think Mahindra may have come out with a model that has a longer bed. Looks like it could be an 8' long bed. I haven't seen it except pictures and the angle was hard to tell but the advertisement lingo said 'extended bed'.

It's a 6 foot bed. Most of the Mahindra lineup is made by Intimidator in Arkansas. I looked at one of the Intimidator trucks at a local dealer. Not a bad machine, but it will only run a little over 30 mph with either the gas or diesel engine, so it is purely a work UTV. They seem to be well made. The drop sides are better than the removable sides on the new Can Am 6 foot bed. I could see where it would be a really handy farm or jobsite tool.

Truck Series | Intimidator Inc.

/ Why buy one? #77  
On CTV's;I have an 1998 Kawasaki Prairie purchased new with 5,000 miles(four winters plowing snow) with the original drive belt;I put
4,000 miles on a Yamaha Viking and my current Yamaha has 1200 miles with no belt problems.
We also purchased a new Subaru Outback in 2010(first CTV transmission) put 60,000 miles on it before trading(again no problems).
I think CVT's get a bad rap from snowmobiles;high HP and revolutions.
Their are a lot of auto manufacture's using CVT's in cars now.

The current Yamaha ATVs and UTVs have a 10 year CVT belt warranty, while the main warranty is only 6 months.

/ Why buy one? #78  
That's not a bad price on the CV joint. Kawi wants more than that for a fuel filter!

/ Why buy one? #79  
I am late to this party, but I will give my details of RTV ownership. I actually bought my RTV900 before I got my tractors. I use it for transportation mostly but since it has an hydraulic lift dump bed, it is used to haul away rocks, trimmings from trees and dirt. I also use it to haul my tools and materials to a worksite as needed.
Prior to getting my tractors, I used the winch line to attach to sweetgum trees and the RTV to yank them out of the ground. My property is 1/4" deep and all sloping downhill on the way down but that uphill back is pretty tiresome which is where the RTV comes to play.
We use it everyday many times per day on most days just for transport. It is 75 steps from my garage to my shop and most times I use the Kubota to get there for 2 reasons (1) it is an uphill walk and my knees are not in the best of shape and (2) All my shop door openers are all in the Kubota and only one door has a keypad to open it. Once at my shop, who knows what I will be doing next so the Kubota is there for me for whatever I need it for.

I sure as heck dont use it as a status symbol as someone originally posted. It is a workhorse and could not be replaced by a golf cart (I have one of those also that the wife uses for transport when I am using the Kubota. I would not be driving my pickup out thru my pasture so if I didn't have the RTV, then I likely wouldn't make the trip. If I only had an acre or two, would I have bought the Kubota? Possibly not but it has earned a place in my permanent equipment stalls due to all the work it has done. Recent work was as a dump truck. I was digging rock from my gravel pit and grandson was hauling it to a road that needed some gravel on it. It would have been a pain to dig out the rocks, then try to scoop them up with the FEL and go dump them which would have taken 4 times as long to do as just loading them in the RTV as they were dug out. The time waiting on the RTV to return was used to break out more of the compacted rock.

Side by side UTV's are similar to backhoes: You wont know how much work they can do until you own one nor how much you would miss them till after you had one and got rid of it.

/ Why buy one? #80  
Just wait! lol Here, a full size truck and plow wouldn't be much good. You wouild just bounce off the windrows after a freeze/thaw cycle or two.

No one EVER mentions repair costs on UTVs. How much for the CV shaft?

It was covered under warranty so I'm not sure....it didn't cost me anything.