Why did I buy this thing?

/ Why did I buy this thing? #32  
With all the electronic devices on today's tractors, it would seem that a gauge on the dash showing engine oil level would not be real difficult.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #33  
I have a Mahindra 4wd 5545, backhoe, 7' heavy duty brush hog, 7' heavy duty box blade and the FEL.

To check the oil I just unscrew the dipstick. I don't have to raise the hood, FEL or take a side panel off.

When the dealer was changing the oil, I never checked it. Now that I am changing it, I check it quite a bit more often. But i probably wouldn't check it as often if I had to be a gymnast.

I use the backhoe and box blade the most. Currently, I'm working in the forest taking down trees with the backhoe.

I'd be lost without the backhoe and box blade.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #34  
I haven't yet changed the oil filter. Indeed, I paid north of $900 to have the dealer do it (and other things) last fall for its 50-hour heck. That's almost as much as I paid the same dealer rehabilitate my IH/Bison tractor after more than thirty years of rough service, the only repair work I ever had done on it.

It's VERY difficult for me even to FIND the hole for the dipstick. I doubt I could get a wrench around the filter. I'd post a photo here except that the filter and dipstick are almost impossible to SEE. (On the good side, Mahindra or their American assembler did indeed put a splash of paint on the dipstick finger loop.)

I wouldn't be surprised if a Kubota was likewise difficult to work on. Mahindra Baba after all has a Yamaha engine. Making tractors PRETTY was a very bad mistake.

Thanks for letting me vent. I didn't mention the fact that what prompted me to go into Baba's innards was a lot of diesel fuel on the garage floor. It appears to come from the fuel filter. But where is the g-d shut-off valve? I absolutely cannot put my finger on it! And if I can't put my finger on it, I can't turn it off....
Your tractor has a Mitsubishi engine.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #35  
How about KIOTI CK25HST Had to increase the distance of the enginge guard because could not get the hood up! The oil is easy enough to check though. Engine shuts down when the 5 amp fuse to the starter solonid comes loose! Many of the hood bolts have fallen out or were loose. This w0ith 200 hrs on the tractor. No response from Kioti, the dealer sold me some screws. Should of purchased a John Deere bot could not understand all there different small tractor models!

/ Why did I buy this thing? #36  
Wow. This is similar to throat cancer..
I have the Mahindra 3016 which is the same as the 1626 but w more loader capacity. Have owned it for 8 yrs. I've checked the oil on it 3 times. No puddle underneath, I'm good.
If you need to check the oil "every day", leave the side panels off and paint the dipstick.
My previous JD had no side panels and I used it the exact same way I do the 3016.
Or, you can trade in the Mahindra to a Kubota dealer and pay 15 grand more for a more easily accessible dipstick.

Attachments

• PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
   / Why did I buy this thing? #37  
KIOTI CK25HST Had to increase the distance of the enginge guard because could not get the hood up!
On my CK3510 the hood clears the guard, but there also 2 pins you can pull so the top part can fold forward. Double check yours.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #38  
Yep that tractor is made by Mitsubishi, the entire tractor . . . engine and the rest (don't think the loader is though).
Correct. Loader and backhoe are made by KMW in Kansas.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #39  
I'm watching this thread with some amusement. On my JD (Yanmar engine), you can check the oil, change the oil filter, and add oil without raising the hood (or removing the loader, although that's only a few minutes). The only reason I raise the hood is to clean the radiator screen or change the air filter. It's not that hard to design a tractor correctly (although JD missed on the driveshaft lubrication.)
This was what I was thinking. You must have a 1025R. The drive shaft thing is easier on the 2025R and larger. But on my 2025R I rarely open the hood either.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #40  
This was what I was thinking. You must have a 1025R. The drive shaft thing is easier on the 2025R and larger. But on my 2025R I rarely open the hood either.
2320. It's better than a 1025 but still hard. (Until I changed the U-Joints to Moogs.)