Why do people not want to work?

/ Why do people not want to work? #1  

Shaneard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4630, Two IH 140's, John Deere A
I was wondering what happened to people. I know people in a lot of trades, some skilled, some not and they are all having trouble finding good help. One guy told me a while back he has it figured out, he said "everybody that wants to work already has a job". I was just wondering what people think is going on these days. I know people who can work that don't. I know people who have been fired from 5 jobs the past year. It's crazy. I've been working in the same machine shop for 24 years with just a high school diploma, you don't have to have a college education to have a good job.

/ Why do people not want to work? #2  
You will have a few prosent that not will or can't work, and many that want work but nobody wants. Many are borderland sick both physical or mental problems, low IQ etc.

/ Why do people not want to work? #3  
What do people that don't work live off?

US and welfare state doesn't compute well.

Even here, Berni Sanders dream country healthy people on minimum welfare have to show up in the morning to do work for the community.

/ Why do people not want to work? #4  
Capitalism thrives on wealth envy. One guy gets rich, and we all think it's only a matter of winning the lottery or getting a big lawsuit payout, our turn to get lucky vs work & save.

A society that depends on commercialized news sources and 'entertainment' as pass-times will be encouraged thereby to 'support the economy' (big biz) at the expense of personal savings and/or personal estate planning.

The rich plan for three generations. The poor plan for Saturday night. Debt is voluntary. It's simple math that folks think is not important in the digital age. Time is as easy to squander as money is. We were taught to manage both. Some of us have been able to pass the idea on to our issue. Some never tried to.

/ Why do people not want to work? #5  
Well I have a pretty good idea why and could tell you my opinion. However, I know where this thread is going to be heading and eventually end up.

Things are definitely not the same as when past generations were earning a living. Pride and dignity, along with respect has a lot to do with it. We are living in a much different era today.

/ Why do people not want to work? #6  
Part of it is how people are raised. I know families that have three generations scraping by and most on some sort of handout program or more than one.

If you flock with turkeys it makes it harder to soar like an eagle.

It seems most of the poor I know have little common sense. I see many who smoke $7 a pack cigarettes, dope, and drink excessively. All are a waste of money they do not have. They will eat out when thy can eat at home for 1/4 the cost and not waste money on gas to get to the fast food place.

Why work when they can survive on food banks and government handouts is how they think.

/ Why do people not want to work? #7  
It's a bad circle, but good schools that give children from poor families a good start is well wort the money and effort. Very few kids are able to get out of social problems in the family by their own.

/ Why do people not want to work? #8  
I foresee this thread being closed but before that happens...

Work ethic has gone down over the last couple of generations IMO. Seems too many expect everything for nothing. Remember the Wall Street protests? Lots of those people were upset that investors were making money but not giving any to them! When I was an ironworker foreman I often offered day jobs to guys just sitting on their backsides. Their first question, "how much you gonna pay?" I offered 1.5% of minimum wage and they would respond "not enough." They would rather slouch around waiting for their government check. Mind you, I was just looking for "go fors", someone to just fetch tools and such.

I'm in the process of cleaning up a property I recently purchased. I'd really like to hire some physical labor but I'm avoiding it because I can't afford to set up someone for life through the "litigation lottery" after they "injure" themself tripping or something.

/ Why do people not want to work? #9  
Its the new education system that is giving everyone the entitled mentality. Everyone expects some one else to solve their problems.

/ Why do people not want to work? #10  
If you are a child it's not expected that you fix serious problems if your parents dont care at all. its much better to use resources to get that child to become a productive member of society than pay a life time of poverty or crime.