Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ?

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #11  
This site is geared toward homeowners with small property and small tractors, many which live in the garage and are not even broke in. Obviously there are exceptions but that's what I see for the most part. some of the threads make it obvious that many have never been off city water, or dealt with coyotes, or septic systems. There was one last week where someone said they lived in a "Rural" area with 1 acre lots in the neighborhood.
AND with all the bragging about what their tinker toy tractor will do, it makes me want to get rid of my big tractors and buy more tinker toy tractors! lol

The other day, a guy on here said he could pick up 5,000 pounds with his little tractor! My 70hp tractor/loader won't do that!

I have to admit, it IS pretty entertaining in here though... :)

SR

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #12  
Most of my family is in the ag business. So when we started to look at a JD 40 series tractor, I asked my brother-in-law knowing they are big Deere fans. In this conversation I learned in 2 minutes, he knew nothing about these pocket sized machines. In fact, he'd just purchased his 1st when buying my sis a compact from doing yard work.

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #13  
They are too busy working with their tractors. Most of us just play with ours! If you drive one for 12+ hours a day, you probably don't want to go online and talk about it to others during your off time!

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #14  
AND with all the bragging about what their tinker toy tractor will do, it makes me want to get rid of my big tractors and buy more tinker toy tractors! lol The other day, a guy on here said he could pick up 5,000 pounds with his little tractor! My 70hp tractor/loader won't do that! I have to admit, it IS pretty entertaining in here though... :) SR
I bet it will. If I'm not mistaken he has a backhoe not a little tractor. A backhoe will make a fool out of a tractor when it comes to lifting or digging. If it's who I think it is his "little" tractor lifts 4800 pounds to full height and has a bucket breakout force of 7,900 pounds. I wouldn't bet much money that his "little" tractor can't lift 5,000 pounds.

Last edited:
   / Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #15  
Kinda like going home from work, then getting online and talking about work stuff.

These guys do it day in and day out and when they are done for the day, they dont want to think about anything tractor related.

For most of us, using a tractor is a hobby, or just a small part of our lifestyle. Most of us probably are lucky to see 200 hours of seat time per year. IF you were clocking 2000hrs per year, you would be pretty sick of talking about tractors all the time.

As far as the mechanical side of things, I dont know too many large scale (500+ acre) farmers that are doing their own wrenching. They have sever hundred thousand dollar tractors, thats what their dealer/mobile mechanic is for. And for the small stuff that we argue about: like tires, grease, UDT vs Super UDT........they are farmers. They dont ask those kinds of questions because they either use what their dealer sells/recommends, or know what works from past experience.

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #16  
AND with all the bragging about what their tinker toy tractor will do, it makes me want to get rid of my big tractors and buy more tinker toy tractors! lol

The other day, a guy on here said he could pick up 5,000 pounds with his little tractor! My 70hp tractor/loader won't do that!

I have to admit, it IS pretty entertaining in here though... :)

SR

It ain't bragging if you can do it.:thumbsup:
I can assure you that my tinker toy tractor is the smallest modern tractor around here for miles and miles.

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #17  
It ain't bragging if you can do it.

I respectfully disagree.
If you can not do it, it is a lie.
If you can do it it is a fact.
If you can do it and others can not, and you rub it in their face it is bragging.
Just my connotation of the term"bragging":)

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #18  
I have 1 tractor under 50 HP and several over 50 HP.
I am here reading a lot.
I do not have a lot of posts because there are so, so many knowledgeable people here. There is very little I can say to positively contribute the the discussion.

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ? #19  
I respectfully disagree.
If you can not do it, it is a lie.
If you can do it it is a fact.
If you can do it and others can not, and you rub it in their face it is bragging.
Just my connotation of the term"bragging":)

You must not be familiar with Dizzy Dean.
quote-Dizzy-Dean-it-aint-bragging-if-you-can-do-78947.png

And simply stating the capability of a machine is not "rubbing it in someone's face" like you claim. There is always going to be someone with a bigger machine, no sense in being sensitive and butthurt about it each time someone has something bigger than yours. Don't be insecure LOL.

/ Why do the LARGER TRACTOR owners not participate here ?
Why on earth has this forum not devised a "Like button" so we don't have to go all the way into a post to agree with someone ?