Why do you hate MTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why do you hate MTD? #191  
Gerard,
You had good luck with your MTD. Good for you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
However I don't thinks it's as simple as you and other MTD fans have made it sound. Those of us that have had bad luck with MTD should not be viewed as those that did not maintain their equiptment properly. Sure, sometimes that is the reason, but it seems implied in this thread that if you don't like MTD you probably did not maintain the one that you owned.

Moon of Ohio

/ Why do you hate MTD?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes you are a wizard.

We all could learn quite a bit from you. )</font>

No need for sarcasm. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue">but just remember right tool for the job </font>

My definition of "the right tool for the job" would fall under something like a plumber using his pipe wrench to separate some cast iron pipe not vice-grips. Either one will get the job done, but the pipe wrench is <font color="red"> "the right tool for the job" </font>

/ Why do you hate MTD? #194  
sarcasm????

How about irony.

Now Neighbor is bringing his broken lawn tractor over.

That's O/K He can use mine along with my blower.

I THINK MTD HATES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Why do you hate MTD? #195  
Must be some big vice grips to get around cast iron pipe.

I usually just smash it or melt out the lead joints.

I have never found a Pipe wrench to be very useful working with cast iron (not threaded)

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue"> Those of us that have had bad luck with MTD should not be viewed as those that did not maintain their equiptment properly. Sure, sometimes that is the reason, but it seems implied in this thread that if you don't like MTD you probably did not maintain the one that you owned. </font>

I never said anything of the sort.
If you go through other threads here on TBN, you'll see that alot of people bad mouth MTD. I posted this to find out why and all that seems to be posted were comments on the Briggs & Stratton engine which is NOT manufactured by MTD.
I NEVER IMPLIED that people were not doing proper maintenance nor do I care /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
I stated that I DO my general maintenance (which can be considered a broad statement) depending on how you read it.

/ Why do you hate MTD?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Must be some big vice grips to get around cast iron pipe.

I usually just smash it or melt out the lead joints.

I have never found a Pipe wrench to be very useful working with cast iron (not threaded) )</font>

Always contradicting. I know your not THAT naive to NOT understand my point. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Why do you hate MTD? #198  
<font color="blue"> I posted this to find out why and all that seems to be posted were comments on the Briggs & Stratton engine which is NOT manufactured by MTD.
<font color="black">
I'd been leaning to the defense side of MTD on this (on earlier points I still do), but I think it was mentioned before that every mfg chooses what engines to use. If the engine choice is poor, especially after the number of years both MTD and B&S have been around, the final product mfg is definitely guilty, and the engine mfg probably as well.

Also, if you choose to believe rumors, it's been said that sometimes engine mfgs have certain unpublicised grades of engine quality even within the known titles.

In either case I'll go right back to consumer demands, but if the second has any truth, that does seem to go beyond the realm of consumer driven marketing into real deception as well.

Reading this post, we got way off track from your original question [which probably excludes MTD corportate as well as the "sister" labels], but I sure enjoyed solving the world's problems....if only the average consumer would listen! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chad

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue"> Reading this post, we got way off track from your original question [which probably excludes MTD corportate as well as the "sister" labels], but I sure enjoyed solving the world's problems....if only the average consumer would listen! </font>

I agree. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="blue"> I'd been leaning to the defense side of MTD on this (on earlier points I still do), but I think it was mentioned before that every mfg chooses what engines to use. If the engine choice is poor, especially after the number of years both MTD and B&S have been around, the final product mfg is definitely guilty, and the engine mfg probably as well. </font>

But, now that there are a lot more MTD's with the Kohler engine aboard, I wonder if the folks with the SOUR taste that the badge "MTD" gave them will sweeten.

/ Why do you hate MTD? #200  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Always contradicting. I know your not THAT naive to NOT understand my point.

)</font>

You are trying to draw a parallel about using the right tool for the job.

Pipe wrench best choice for cast pipe

MTD best choice for mowing the lawn.

The parallel you have so nicely provided supports my views.

Both are contradictions

Neither are the best tool for the job.

I'm just pointing out the facts as YOU have put them

Status
Not open for further replies.