Why does the wife always...?

/ Why does the wife always...? #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
...have these great/brilliant ideas...but, we are the one's that have to do all the "fun" part of getting it done? :D

My red head just up and decides that "We" are going to move some of her flowers/bushes to another area. OK, get out the phd on the kubota and dig said holes in "Just the right spot".. .. can't be one inch either way back and forth off...even a tiny bit. PHD's are not that accurate, I tell her. Then, "lets" move this concrete bird bath, that weighs about a ton and is guaranteed to make "Our" backs ache....yea right. This means mine and mine alone. Can't just roll it in to the FEL, no....that might "damage it". Drag it a few feet and stop to pant and sweat...a few more feet...feel a heart attack coming on. Just a couple more and maybe, just maybe she will be satisfied. Dang, it's only a 100F out here, dear. I'm getting too old for this stuff....will it ever end? No more brilliant ideas for "Us" today...mmmkay! :confused2: Some how, I believe she still thinks I'm 25 where I would have just picked it up and carried said bird bath to wherever it needs to go. I'm retiring next year at 62....not real sure I will survive "Retirement" if this is what it means....might be safer to just keep on working. Lots less work at work than here with her. :mad:

/ Why does the wife always...? #2  
I think your bride might have plans for you so you don't become boring retirement. ;)

/ Why does the wife always...? #3  
My blondie has always wanted to remodel everything in the house. So far (20 years) I have avoided it by telling her we put in the best when we built it, no sense in trying to upgrade. :laughing:

/ Why does the wife always...? #4  
Yep, I hate it when my wife says "We" should (or need to) . . . . . .." Never understood why she says "We" instead of "You".

/ Why does the wife always...? #5  
Haha. I feel your pain fellas except my blonde has 18 horses (not all hers thank goodness) so I always have something to do. Funny how we always have to fix stuff her horses break....

/ Why does the wife always...? #6  
Good to know I'm not alone with this happening. Mine likes to get animals that we don't have anyplace to put them. They are always free, which costs me thousands of dollars and un measurable amount of time. I love building stuff and working on making our place better, but the deadlines she comes up with the animals can be almost overwhelming!!! As soon as I start one project, there is a deadline for the next one to get done.

/ Why does the wife always...? #7  
I'm just going to say you guys don't know how lucky you are. At our place it's me that comes up with the ideas. Just appreciate the fact that your wives are interested in how the place looks. I could say more but I won't. Just appreciate what you have.

/ Why does the wife always...? #8  
It's different here too. For the past 5 years, every home improvement project I wanted to do, got canceled because it somehow involved a new car for Mrs.tiller. I thought a big heavy Buick was hard to beat. This summer the big Buick LeSabre computer bit the dust and we bought a Malibu. After the recovery period is complete, I may do a little fixing-up

Last edited:
   / Why does the wife always...? #9  
I think all women should be banned from watching HGTV. The TV shows make everything look so simple. The wives don't understand all the planning, hours of labor and the costs.

The one thing that will chap my butt is when I work in the attic or crawl space, I'd like her to be near the hole. She won't do it and complains she's being a gopher or piss-boy. So instead, I climb in and out multiple times because of something unforeseen.

/ Why does the wife always...? #10  
I feel the pain. It has now been decreed that "we" need to build a guest cabin for when the kids and their family comes to see us.
I know "exactly" how much "we" are going to be building, trenching, finishing out, and moving heavy things into "our" project.
My Vermont girl (who doesn't do heat) will be watching from the air conditioned house as I work in our Oklahoma Summer!
I can just hope for a new tool or even an implement out of the deal at least.