Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #51  
Wow. Some amazing projects and pictures. Thanks for sharing them and happy birthday to your Power Trac. How many hours have you amassed in your first year?

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425
265 hours in the first year.
PJ

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #53  
Great pics.....looks like you have a few hours on the camera too! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm hopinng that my daughter's wedding next month leaves me a few $$ so I can get a few more attachments soon!

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #54  
WOW Pajoube. I've been following your projects over the last year. Seeing them all together though really is impressive. You’ve sure put the PT through its “design envelope.” To your point about finding new projects to do once you got a PT, I noticed the same thing. I found myself tackling projects that I would not have even considered before. I live in the fastest growing county in the US (as of last year), and its impossible to hire labor at a reasonable cost. To give you an example, I recently got a quote on a simple detached garage and the quote was $100K! Crazy. So, my PT has become my best friend. I talk to it more than my wife and it never talks back. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Several months ago, I upgraded to an 1845 and sold the original 425 to my neighbor. I love the 1845 but they each have their place. If I ever find time, I will write up a review of both so people can get an understanding of “both ends of the spectrum.” As a preview though, I still miss my 425 because of its maneuverability and because I had way more attachments for it. I see other folks have two and three tractors, I may just pick up another 425 to go with my 1845. With the money I save by doing projects myself, I can easily justify it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for all the pictures. At one point, I think PT was asking for pictures of projects. You should consider sending some to them. From your first visit to the PT factory, to your latest project, you’ve done an incredible job of cataloging a pictorial record of the experience. Even though I’m already quite familiar with PT’s, I enjoy and appreciate your effort. I’m sure lots of lurkers who are considering a new tractor appreciate your record as well. Thanks again.

P.S., Have you considered posting your complete record in the new TBN photos area? I think you could easily give Mossroad a run for the money. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #55  
I surrender!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great job, PJ!

The building looks fantastic. I've been wondering about the progress. And the lawn coming in looks great, too.

I didn't realize you had the trencher. I am considering one when we build because I have about 1200' of trenching to do for power lines, gas lines(maybe) and I'm considering a stand alone wood burning water heater type setup for heating our house and outbuildings that will need the lines burried.

Again, great job of documentation. Thanks for sharing it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #56  
Nice album of pictures and projects and a good tribute to the mighty PT425..

sg

Thanks for your kind words.
Regarding the labor availability, we are in the same boat as you are. I finally hired a carpenter and work with him on the garage project. It is 24 X 20 and two story. The upper walks out on the hill top and is the garden shed for my wife. The lower is the 425 storage area. The total cost was $30,000 which included the 10 by 24 porch.
I will leave MossRoad to the all time best web site. He has been my inspiration and mentor.
PJ

I wish I lived closer to you. You could borrow the trencher as my use is sporadic.
PJ

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #59  
The other guys have about said it all. I’ll just add my thanks and say that I enjoyed the documentary very much.

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #60  
Thanks for the kind words and the generous offer. It is just a little too far, though, isn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif