Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425
But your young with plenty of time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
PJ

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #72  
Yep...I'm the same way. I still have some Corvair parts that I know I'll probably never use/need and I should list them on Ebay!...I could even sell my baseball card collection from when I was a kid and probably have enough $$ to buy all the attachments I'll ever need and then some.....but if I didn't hold onto them I couldn't say that...****! catch 22! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just finished building two more walls and back filling them. I used my forks with platform to haul the 85 lb bricks, mini hoe to dig the brick line, large bucket to bring in sand for base, and 4 n 1 for back fill.
13 months I have owned this 425 and already have over 300 hours.
One could call this work; I prefer to call this quality time. Projects this large would not get done if one were to just use manual labor. The 425 pays for itself time and time again.
PJ

Attachments

• 521993-MVC-442F.JPG
    521993-MVC-442F.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 393
   / Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #74  
WOW: That is impressive keep the pictures coming..

sg

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #75  
Very nice:)

KC

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #76  
Very nice, Paul. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I see your big rock in that picture. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, my most expensive rock /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Will let the dirt settle then come spring will move the other two rocks into their rock wall enclosures.
I usually start these projects not knowing if that little 425 will handle the project or not. That little green machine has proven me wrong time and again.
PJ

Thought I would add some more reasons why I bought a 425.
This first photo shows painted lines that will be trenched for hedge planting. many of the ornamental grasses have already been planted.
PJ

Attachments

• 696681-MVC-796F.JPG
    696681-MVC-796F.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 286
Trenching. This makes the planting job much easier as we put in 200 cotoneaster dry root plants in.
I used the trencher for putting in the underground sprinkler system but the added benefit of using the trencher for planting was a lifesaver.
PJ

Attachments

• 696683-MVC-799F.JPG
    696683-MVC-799F.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 280
Used the box blade to push the dirt back into the trench thus leaving a soft, deep filled trench to plant the cotoneaster plants.
PJ

Attachments

• 696686-MVC-800F.JPG
    696686-MVC-800F.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 265