Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #72  
You should see the lacrosse ball fly when you hit it with a mower
I was standing in a parking lot waiting for my kid to get done with cross country practice. A couple kids were playing catch with lacrosse equipment. One of them missed a catch and the ball came rolling way across the lot towards me. So I picked it up to throw it back to me. Holy cow. I never knew a lacrosse ball was that solid and heavy! (keep heavy ball jokes to yourself). Now I know why they wear helmets. That's gotta hurt if you get hit. Ouch!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #73  
You should see the lacrosse ball fly when you hit it with a mower

Never hit a lacrosse ball with the mower but have hit a golf ball or 3. Yikes. That is dangerous. Good thing the balls are on the back 40!

MoKelly

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #74  
I was standing in a parking lot waiting for my kid to get done with cross country practice. A couple kids were playing catch with lacrosse equipment. One of them missed a catch and the ball came rolling way across the lot towards me. So I picked it up to throw it back to me. Holy cow. I never knew a lacrosse ball was that solid and heavy! (keep heavy ball jokes to yourself). Now I know why they wear helmets. That's gotta hurt if you get hit. Ouch!
Yes! My boy has about a fast shot.
Here he is in the foreground at a night game getting ready to unleash some 100MPH “chin music”.
1624143246417.jpeg

My daughter was a 4 year starter in high school where they won the PA state championship in her junior year. Her passion is Field Hockey, so she took a harder recruiting path, but will be a starter as a sophomore. She could have written her ticket almost anywhere for women’s lacrosse.
My wife and I played collegiate level lacrosse, too.
Ever heard of the “Culver Academy“ in Indiana? They have one of the best private school/academy boys HS lacrosse teams in the country.

Last edited:
   / Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #75  
Here he is in the foreground at a night game getting ready to unleash some 100MPH “chin music”.
View attachment 703071
My daughter was a 4 year starter in high school where they won the PA state championship in her junior year.

Ever heard of the “Culver Academy“ in Indiana? They have one of the best private school/academy boys HS lacrosse teams in the country.

Great picture. The goal looks so small from that angle!

MoKelly

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #76  
Great picture. The goal looks so small from that angle!

MoKelly
That’s a low angle shot, just above GLE (goal line extended). It’s an amazingly fast sport. I’ve seen 4 goals scored in about a minute. Most people don’t know it’s Canadas national sport, not ice hockey. I don’t know if it still holds true.
My son and I bother suffered several concussions playing. It takes its toll on your body and I am suffering the consequences later in life more than I thought I would.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #77  
That’s a low angle shot, just above GLE (goal line extended). It’s an amazingly fast sport. I’ve seen 4 goals scored in about a minute. Most people don’t know it’s Canadas national sport, not ice hockey. I don’t know if it still holds true.
My son and I bother suffered several concussions playing. It takes its toll on your body and I am suffering the consequences later in life more than I thought I would.

Sorry - concussions are not fun. To my knowledge, I’ve only had one back as a freshman in college when I was hit in the head by a pitch. I was an IK player but more glove than bat.

I then switched to tennis!

MoKelly

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #78  
Sorry - concussions are not fun. To my knowledge, I’ve only had one back as a freshman in college when I was hit in the head by a pitch. I was an IK player but more glove than bat.

I then switched to tennis!

MoKelly
They come back to haunt you later in life. I’ve had at least 6. Know a few guys with 8 still doing ok.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #79  
Yes. We are very familiar with Culver. When I worked at the airport here in South Bend, we used to get quite a few private jets flying students in going to Culver.

One of our kids ran cross country, and they hold a huge meet there every year. Darn near 100 schools, so she ran in that event 4 times.

Their Black Horse Troop is legendary.

Tuition is only about $45K per year. Room and board is an additional $10K.

It sounds like a bargain, but SCUBA costs extra. :unsure:

As far as I know, they are a great school, the students benefit from a large network of grads and donors, they are a good employer and do a lot for the local community. The campus is BEAUTIFUL! It's on the largest natural lake in Indiana. They turn out some impressive athletes and even more impressive on the academic side.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #80  
View attachment 703071
My daughter was a 4 year starter in high school where they won the PA state championship in her junior year. Her passion is Field Hockey, so she took a harder recruiting path, but will be a starter as a sophomore. She could have written her ticket almost anywhere for women’s lacrosse.
My wife and I played collegiate level lacrosse, too.