Why is my hydraulic quick connect blowing out?

/ Why is my hydraulic quick connect blowing out? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
My friends big John Deere keeps blowing out the hydraulic hose to implements from one of the rear remotes. The female inside of the remote looks normal, as does the male hose end connector. But when a load is on the line, it blows off the hose. What’s going on? Is it just a bad female or is something else causing this? IMG_1328.JPGIMG_1326.JPG

/ Why is my hydraulic quick connect blowing out? #3  
Are the springs that put pressure on the BBs that lock in the coupling ring functioning right?...the coupling ring may be gummed up?

/ Why is my hydraulic quick connect blowing out? #4  
Usually worn out on the tractor end,
sometimes just dirt and crud keeping them from seating properly.
Hose it out good with some spray brake cleaner.

/ Why is my hydraulic quick connect blowing out? #6  
The inside guts of the HYD connector on the tractor should slide back and forth freely when the male HYD hose is inserted. I have trouble with my tractor too. I have new male and female connectors too. But I don't use them much so either trash or something gets get between the guts that should allow easy seating.. I keep the dust plugs installed too..
I turn my tractor off and keep inserting the connector back and forth and finally it will seat..
I wouldn't spray anything but oil in there since harsh cleaners might cause the O-ring to swell and be useless. But they are easy to replace and will need it at some point.

I think if I ever replace mine I'll try to find another aftermarket female for the tractor.. For the record my tractor is almost new with less than 275 hours..

EDIT after I saw pics: I'd replace the Teflon washer and o-ring inside the tractor connector. If that doesn't fix it, I'd probably replace them.. They are around $39 each I believe..

/ Why is my hydraulic quick connect blowing out?
My buddy replaced the female connectors and now if works fine. He said the new Deere replacements were designed differently, and that the Deere salesman said they had problems with the old style. But now they work fine. Thanks all.