Why my next tractor won't be New Holland

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland
I think I solved the pedal problem at least. After a lot of thinking and swearing, I bought a pair of neoprene sole stickers at Amazon for $8 a pair. Made the mistake, not a big deal of trying to cut them approximately to size first, but best to put them on whole and use a razor knife or utility knife to trim them. They are very thin neoprene, and I'm sure won't last all that long, but they seem fine now. Might be a bear to scrape them off when worn, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. In summer, I have no problem just using the metal, but with ice and snow, I'm sure a little rubber on the pedals will be necessary. If trimmed accurately, would look good too.

No way anyone is going to find a car pedal cover that matches, BTW. They are very careful about that kind of thing.

From what I've seen Kubota parts are slightly - and I do mean slightly, more reasonable, but given the parts situation, the number of models, etc. I would be very leery of buying any used CUT. Just replacing a couple major parts could make you wish you bit the bullet and bought new. It's a **** shame. <<-- wow, I used the "d" word and it bleeped it, lol.

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland
brown40, agreed. BUT, the tractor makers make sure there will never be another 8n where there are a zillion of 'em around and it's cost effective for people to make parts for them to sell. The tractor people change models so fast and have so many to begin with, with few parts that interchange. It's a racket.

I do agree though. And even with cars, it's awful. I paid $400 for parts and labor for a DOOR hinge on my chevy van that broke. A door hinge - and I hate to be labeled a whiner, but outside of collisions (there was none) door hinges aren't supposed to break.

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #23  
I know people hate ebay but I have found if you type the part number in the search box on ebay you can buy replacement parts very reasonable, not every time but a lot of the time. Like I wouldn't think the part number of the Kubota door would have much of a chance!

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #24  
Around here, JD, Case, Kubota, and New Holland parts are all very expensive. I chose Ford/New Holland because the parts guys are great at my location, If I have a problem my salesman gets me discounts, and I'm a Ford guy. The jack wagon parts guy at the JD dealer, is truly a jack wagon. Kubota seems to be so proud of their equipment, and thinks that everything they make (parts and tractors) are worth more than gold. John Deere, Branson, NH, and Case, all pretty much follow suit.

I would base your tractors worth (to you) based off of the reliability of the tractor, and not off the cost of a foot petal cover. They are all expensive when it comes to parts. Did anyone ever tell you that owning a tractor is cheap?

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #25  
Kinda like owning horses...

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #27  
For what it's worth, LS Tractors make a lot of New Holland Tractors. Try checking parts prices for LS instead. I don't know about parts, but LS tractors are about 30% cheaper w/ more features than New Holland for the same tractor.

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #28  
I bought an oil filter for my NH TC40. Cost me $17. Then I figured out that an STP S16 oil filter is the same thing at Autozone for $4.

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #29  
I bought an oil filter for my NH TC40. Cost me $17. Then I figured out that an STP S16 oil filter is the same thing at Autozone for $4.

The SAME thing? OR a "will fit"??

Unless it's the EXACT same filter, it's not the same thing and there could be many different things going on inside it.

SR

/ Why my next tractor won't be New Holland #30  
There is a lot of competition from manufacture to manufacture for the tractors Once the tractor is purchased then they try and make up for it on the parts. Dealers have a pretty good markup also. My fuel filter a few years ago was $17.00 at my dealer. They were out one time so I went to another and i paid $9.00.