why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump
Because of shock loads not intended for your tractor hydraulics.
I'm referring to the infeed ONLY - flywheel is driven from pto.

Please clarify if its the infeed you refer to, doesnt seem like that would feed high impulse loads back to the hydraulics?

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #12  
I can't really see the need for a valve with a motor spool for the infeed rollers. It's a slow speed application with not that much mass going around really. The valve that comes with the infeed roller will work just fine, after all it already comes with it, right? Not sure why all of the sudden it wouldn't work just because it's being fed using a different source other than the pump that comes with the chipper.

This can be done in a very simple way without overcomplicating things and will pretty much require only two hoses and a couple fittings/quick disconnects. One hose goes from the remote to P In on the infeed valve, the return from the infeed valve goes back to the remote. Push the remove valve to detent or hold it with a bungee cord or something similar and you have working infeed. The 3pt won't work with the infeed working but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Just make sure the lever on the remote is pushed the right way, so it feeds the infeed valve through the P port and not through the T port. I power my log splitter with the tractor and I just marked one of the hoses and one of remote quick disconnects with a zip tie so it gets connected the right way and always push the lever the same direction (back in my case).

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #13  
I have a 6" pto wood chipper coming shortly. As most/all small units do, it has a dedicated PTO driven hydraulic unit.

Various threads indicate this is roughly a 3gpm pump. My tractor hydraulics are 6-7gpm, and I'm obviously not doing _anything_ else with the tractor while the chipper is running.

Why not skip the separate hydraulic pump, and have a pair of cables made to run to my rear remotes, just like my bh, etc.

Besides having slightly less stuff to maintain, i also have a toy project that could use a small hydraulic unit.
Easy peasy. I run my in-feeder off my tractor remotes. You may need to add a flow control for your in-feed.

The only issue you may run into is your tractor remotes might not have a "lock on" position and you will need to bungee the control lever.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #14  
I haven't yet dealt much with hydraulic motors, so please forgive if this should be obvious, but i'm not sure i'm following:

is this backpressure you're refering too simply as the poppet closes during disconnection, and/or some residual pressure caused by momentum (movimg fluid + check balve + fast stop = residual pressure past the check valve)?
orange,
since this is PTO operated chipper your tractor will be close to full throttle during operation so you will have close to full hydraulic flow while in operation. Without knowing the quick disconnect size, line size on your tractor it is difficult to predict how muck pressure drop there will be through the disconnect while in operation. Tractors frequently have small quick disconnects since typical application is momentary flow to operate a cylinder not continuous flow to run a motor. gear style motors can have a standard lip seal on rated for 30 PSI or less and may have external drain line on a self contained system like your chipper. It could also have the low speed high torque geroler style motors that usually have a higher rating on the shaft seal.

Does your chipper have the priority flow control with three lines going to it? I believe that it will have. This will provide feed rate speed control with lowest possible energy loss but will still be a source of heat so I would recommend keeping an eye on oil temps while operating for any extend period of time. I presume this will be on Kioti 2610 so I have no clue on what cooling capacity this tractor has.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #15  
I'm referring to the infeed ONLY - flywheel is driven from pto.

Please clarify if its the infeed you refer to, doesnt seem like that would feed high impulse loads back to the hydraulics?

If a piece of metal gets in there. The machine could vibrate apart and a piece of the machine itself gets hung up. We live in the day of lawyers and litigation. I was in Marshall TX last weekend. Saw a billboard, Have a wreck? Need a check? I live in AR and we don't have much, but we do have a lawyer for every 300 people. But, If he changes or alters it, he's on his own.

I'm not one that is too concerned about changing things myself. But from the questions ive seen on here, and I was corrected by an older fella, thankfully. Basically keep things by the book. There may be an unforseen reason that it's made the way it is.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #16  
I have a 6" pto wood chipper coming shortly. As most/all small units do, it has a dedicated PTO driven hydraulic unit.

Various threads indicate this is roughly a 3gpm pump. My tractor hydraulics are 6-7gpm, and I'm obviously not doing _anything_ else with the tractor while the chipper is running.

Why not skip the separate hydraulic pump, and have a pair of cables made to run to my rear remotes, just like my bh, etc.

Besides having slightly less stuff to maintain, i also have a toy project that could use a small hydraulic unit.
I'd call the manufacturer and ask them. Their product demo video is pretty specific about the features of their chipper. They probably know quite a bit if they would be willing to discuss this with you.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #17  
The flow control on my Woodmaxx 8H was rated for 16 gpm. I could not find any of those made in China that were less than 16. It's a problem for the 3 gpm system on the 8H in that the oversized valve is poor at metering flow. I could get either full speed or a very slow speed, over a very short throw of the control lever, but nothing in between.

You can look up the numbers on the valve to see what it's made for. If it is an 8 or 16 gpm then it should not be a restriction on your tractor's flow.

I thought about doing this on m 8H and decided not to because the chipper's system was already there, worked fine, and I could spend the time chipping instead of modding the chipper. Unless you want run the feed really fast, there's no performance to be gained from bypassing the chipper's pump. When chipping the tractor's hydraulic system is not doing work so the only power draw is has is the small amount of friction from pushing oil through the system to the tank.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #18  
Simple reason why it's self contained. If you want to swap the implement to another tractor, you can. Regardless of that tractor's hydraulic setup, flow, or HP.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #19  
These Wallenstien chippers use tractor hydraulics…. I assumed it was to turn the infeed but am not positive.

/ why not run PTO chipper infeed from tractor power beyond, instead of separate PTO hydraulic pump #20  
Why screw with a proven design?