Why Suzuki is better than Kubota

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #21  
The little experience I have had with brand dedicated attachments was with a 60" MMM deck and a front snow blower...

Finding the attachments was not that difficult, although expensive.. The hard part seemed to be getting all the attaching hard ware compatible with the attachment and a given model, generation of tractor was more a problem...

Coincidentally, my experience has been with JD... I can only imagine other brands are similar circumstances..

Kubota, Suzuki motor bike.... Apples and oranges I think..
Good luck..

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #22  
Hell itself will freeze over before I own another belly mower.

And that opinion is shared by many, many, many former owners of MMM's :)

Do yourself a favor and get a Zero Turn or a pull-behind (3 pt) finish mower.

I beg to differ about MMM's. I went from a 3 pt hitch Woods 48" to my current Kubota 60" MMM on a B7510 and it has worked superbly over the last twelve years for a big portion of the tractor's 1500 hours. Our property is steep and rocky. The rear-mounted mower had trouble with the sudden undulations in the terrain. I think a zero turn would be tricky on the slopes, though they do cover large expanses of grass at high speed.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #24  
I only own two zero turns, 10 degree slope max and they do not like tree limbs, concrete or rocks. A high speed blade tip grass mower and a stump is quite entertaining.
I do the bad stuff with a 6' "rotary mower" with a big thick double swing blade, read Bush Hog, bush hog hooked to the back of a tractor. Blade tip speed over 1200, to cut Pensacola Bahia.
Know your grass and choose a mower that can actually cut it and does not tear all to pieces on a hardwood tree limb after a wind storm.
Rolling hills, two ponds on a tree farm. Guy across the interstate owns a 60" Skag Zero, he thinks it is a bush hog, changes bent blades frequently.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #25  
Messick's had been good for my Kubota, Ford, New Holland nation wide and even discontinued stuff. As long as it isn't a brand new product, because I'm out of their area. I could go there, I guess!

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #26  
It sounds like the search for a part is easier than a search for an attachment. I've gone to Kubota looking for parts and they did a nationwide search. I've never tried to search for an entire attachment. Maybe different parrameters or maybe just that dealer.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #27  
I'm with you. My neighbor's Kingkutter does a much better job than my MMM will ever do.

I spent quality time balancing the deck this summer, while I got it to cut better than when the machine was new, it still didn't have that appeal.

Only thing I like about the MMM is it's under the machine. I don't like the MMM for the cut and I can't backup under trees. When I can't mow under the trees, that means more labor using a weed whacker and a push mower.

Next machine will have a 72 or 84 inch rear finish mower.
My son had a Dixie Chopper 54" cut and a Dixie Chopper 60" cut. It seemed the 54" cut always looked ragged. The 60" cut mower always looked great. Never could figure out why. They are the same manufacfturer and same spindles etc.. It must be blade speed.
In redesigning and building an 88" cut mower that I made hydrostatically driven and quicktach mounted on my skid steer. I learned a lot about blade tip speed requirements for good cutting efficiency. It seems 18200 feet/minute is the solution. Works great! That big of deck is not recommended however unless you have lots of open flat area. It is hard to maneuver in tight spaces and uneven ground does not work well.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #28  
I think this may be a function of the shortages on everything vs dealer / manufacture ability to locate parts.
Yeah. Ms. SmallChange backed the car into a tree and now we're waiting on new rear body parts. Trouble is, it was near the first of the year, and still no word.

So what do I do, throw the dented parts a 1st birthday party in a few weeks, or what?

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #29  
I was curious and checked with my local dealer (11 locations). And yeah, no 54" mower.

They had plenty of 48" on 21.5 HP on what would be a lawn/garden tractor.

If you move up to the BX you have the option for 48”, 54” and 60” mowers. (if they had one)

I'm not a Kubota owner, but I have bought attachments at Kubota. When the local dealer doesn't have what I wanted they contacted their distributors for me, which is how I got my Rhino rollover box blade.

Sometimes it's just who you talk to, I've met unqualified people who never should be at a parts counter or on a sales floor. When you ask for a trunnion bearing (for example) and they ask what's that and how you spell it, you wonder if you've got the boss's kid, an intern, or someone's girlfriend.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #30  
I just went and got filters for all my Kubota's last week. I keep a stock at home so I'm never caught without.
I asked my dealer if they have had any problems getting parts and they said no, not at all.
Only shortages of tractors and implements.

But I guess that's what happens when you are the biggest selling compact tractor on the market.
I have no problem finding parts for my Kobuta tractor or implements. I needed two parts for my Kubota snowblower which is 10 years old no problem finding/getting them. My Grand L5030 is 18 years old and finding parts has never been a problem.