Why the rust free Ford was dropped ?

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #11  
No, that I did not not know.
There were all kinds of good planes. The Mosquito was just one of the better ones.

Aw, yes. The Mosquito was a superb aircraft. Didn't intend to be tacky. My best example is the Grumman Hellcat. It was designed and built with the pilot in mind. Grumman knew that most of the pilots were young, and inexperienced and they needed a rugged, fast and maneuverable plane that was easy to fly and infinitely forgiving. In that role, it performed magnificently. Not to say that the F4U Corsair was not a better aircraft; it was faster and in all respects it was a thoroughbred. But for a young, inexperienced pilot, landing on an aircraft carrier, the Hellcat was overall a better aircraft. It had a better kill ratio and brought the young pilots home safely. The Corsair was a better aircraft in the hands of a seasoned pilot, and it proved to be so...but it was difficult to land on a carrier. The same goes for the P-51 vs. the Spitfire. Both were excellent aircraft, great dog fighters, but designed for different purposes.

The Mosquito was, as I recall, one of the fastest aircraft to come out of WWII. Marvelous reconnaissance plane and second to none for ground attack.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ? #12  
The Mosquito was, as I recall, one of the fastest aircraft to come out of WWII. Marvelous reconnaissance plane and second to none for ground attack.

The local lads here have recently rebuilt one. Apparently it's the only one in the world certified for flying. It's now gone off to some wealthy American owner. The twin Merlins on takeoff sounded fantastic.

/ Why the rust free Ford was dropped ?
Actually you may find some of today's vehicles contain hemp fiber in some panels.