Wife too light for L3240HST

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
This past summer I traded in my woefully not up to the task B3030 for the L3240. I absolutely love this new tractor, arguably even more than the L4610HST I had before the little B. But I have one problem with it. I outweigh my bride by about 80#. To not bottom out the suspension seat on bumps I need to crank the tension up. Set that high, the sensor thinks my wife doesn't exist; she has to crank the tension all the way to the lightest setting or the engine cuts out the moment she pushes the HST pedal. When we're working together, sharing seat time, it's a complete PITA for one of us.

Is there a way to defeat the butt in the seat sensor?

Pete

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #2  
I'm sure the seat sensor on my L3830 is different than the one on your tractor. Mines an external lever switch, I just ty-wrapped it down.
If yours is an internal switch, just figure out if it's normally open or normally closed with a multimeter and create that condition with a jumper.

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #3  
I disabled the switch on my L5740. I will have to look again but I think I just unplugged the switch below the seat and hot wired the connection. I am sure the seat switch has a purpose somewhere just not on a tractor that I have to stand up on to use pallets forks or stationary pto work.

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #4  
Double rations of Cabot and maple syrup for the wife should fix it. Or you could hit the treadmill? :laughing:

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #5  
I would rather crank the seat spring handle than either having an over weight wife or bypassing a safety system.

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #6  
If you are worried about little kids for example getting the key to the tractor, that seat switch might be the only thing that prevents them from starting the tractor.

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #7  
Amen to what buickanddeere & TomSeller have said.

That switch is there for a reason. The manufacturers wouldn't have gone to the expense of installing it when a (yet another) "caution" label would've absolved them of legal liability.

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #9  
Actually, Two Tractors would be Better!

/ Wife too light for L3240HST #10  
Actually you have to depress the clutch to start the tractor. The purpose of the seat switch is to shut down the tractor of you get off the seat with the pto running and/or the hst pedal depressed. Like I said it is a pain in the *** when doing loader work.:D