Wife's first comments

/ Wife's first comments #21  
3RRL said:
Bill and Brian,
I am acting on it today.
We sat down together to determine what her garden would be like and her other plantings. Then trying to come up with the tractor size and implements she needs. So far so good!
Bill, LOL ... now she will be painting her OWN mods for the tractor.:D

Buying them a tractor is cheaper than buying them a horse...Trust me...:D

/ Wife's first comments #22  
PaulChristenson said:

Amen to that.

/ Wife's first comments #23  
PaulChristenson said:
I don't know this for fact, but to go along the horse $$$$$$ deal, which costs more, a nice horse barn, or a nice tractor barn? My bet would be that the horse barn would cost more. And if that is true, then horses truly are a lot more $$$$$ than our tractors.

/ Wife's first comments #24  
Good salesmanship is creating a need and desire where one did not exist before.
Once they bite the default position going forward is always "But I thought this is what you wanted"
At least It has worked for me for 42 Yrs.

/ Wife's first comments #25  
MtnViewRanch said:
I don't know this for fact, but to go along the horse $$$$$$ deal, which costs more, a nice horse barn, or a nice tractor barn? My bet would be that the horse barn would cost more. And if that is true, then horses truly are a lot more $$$$$ than our tractors.

Your tractors live in a BARN????....:D

/ Wife's first comments #26  
PaulChristenson said:
Your tractors live in a BARN????....:D

Unfortunately I have no barn at this time,:( only a few containers. So I only have room for the 4 smallest ones. The Cat, Case 1200. Case 580E have to sit outside for now.:( The barn that I want to put up is going to cost me well over 100k just for material and I can't swing that $$$ amount yet.:eek: Plan on putting up a shed (20x48) next to the biggest container before the end of the year and that will be big enough to get those under cover.:D

/ Wife's first comments #27  
3RRL,
She probably would like a dozer to get the grade right for her garden and maybe cut a few roads to it. You never know...You could try to convince her.

/ Wife's first comments #28  
3RRL said:
Bill and Brian,
I am acting on it today.
We sat down together to determine what her garden would be like and her other plantings. Then trying to come up with the tractor size and implements she needs. So far so good!
Bill, LOL ... now she will be painting her OWN mods for the tractor.:D

Rob, for a 10ft wide x30 ft long garden she's gonna need at least a 60 hp tractor
signquestion3xd.gif

/ Wife's first comments #29  
bones1 said:
Rob, for a 10ft wide x30 ft long garden she's gonna need at least a 60 hp tractor
signquestion3xd.gif

Rob, if you took Eddie's dozer off his hands, Loretta could use his rock rake and work that 10x30 garden in, ooooh about 30 seconds.:D Then you could play, uuuh work with it.;)

Just my recommendation, but I would be looking at tractors with buckets between 60"-66" wide. Seems like a good size to me for a smaller tractor.
Good luck.

/ Wife's first comments #30  
You guys are great!
I've managed to "let" her find out that SHE needs a dump trailer, a landscape rake, a disc harrow ... all to make her job easier.:) It's funny, but somehow the sizes will be interchangeable and usable on my 55hp Kama. See, I don't need a bigger tractor, but I do want a smaller one for other tasks I have. So it's important for her that she understands SHE needs a smaller tractor for her garden.;)

I didn't think about the dozer ... man that is a great idea. How in the heck is she going to take care of that garden without one??? I'm positive she will need one, right?:D