WiFi Thermometer

/ WiFi Thermometer #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
Anyone have a wifi thermometer set-up?
My wireless are to far away to pickup but I have extended wifi in my pole barn where I want to place one.

/ WiFi Thermometer #2  
I have been using the Ambient Weather WS-8482 with 3 remote indoor/outdoor sensors for the last year and have been very satisfied. The base station needs a wifi connection and the sensors need to connect to the base station. You can monitor from the phone app anywhere you get a cell or wifi signal.
Amazon.com
They also have multiple other options and equipment.
https://ambientweather.com/

/ WiFi Thermometer #3  
I use the Emerson wifi tstats. Good luck with them. Nice app that shows all thermostats on one screen. Have a total of 8 connected between the house and the business.

Emerson sensi wifi tstat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-065610_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211209-065610_Samsung Internet.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20211209-065646_Sensi.jpg
    Screenshot_20211209-065646_Sensi.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 66
   / WiFi Thermometer #4  
I assume you want to be able to monitor the temp on a smartphone or tablet remotely via WiFi. Otherwise, there are many cheap wireless RF thermometers with a dedicated transmitter & receiver such as these products from La Crosse:

The solution to your problem depends on your budget and the type of weather data you want to monitor.

This may be overkill for what you want to do but I'm a weather watcher. Years ago, invested in a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro 2 weather station:

I have the station mounted on a hilltop on my property, 1/4 mile from the house. The station relays weather data via RF wireless to receiver consoles in various rooms of the house.

P1080036b.jpg

I have remote temp sensors located at various locations, including the barns, and all the information is viewable on the consoles. Davis Instruments also has a WiFi app which allows weather information to be viewed on any smartphone or WiFi enabled device. The temp sensors have a range of 1/4 mile or so depending on obstructions. Repeaters are available and can be used to extend the signal to any range.

I'm sure there are cheaper solutions that will do what you want. Perhaps someone else can propose a product that will suit your needs & budget.

/ WiFi Thermometer #5  
I use the Weatherflow Tempest device for the full range of weather information. There is no display but there is a phone/tablet/app or you can access the information with an Alexa app or on your computer. It is a pretty nice piece of tech. The All New Tempest Weather System

/ WiFi Thermometer
I'm only wanting a thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature inside my pole barn. I recon a wifi thermostat would work if I could find a cheap one that way I could hook it to my furnace when I get it installed.

/ WiFi Thermometer #7  
We use a wifi Temp Stick to monitor temp and humidity in our second home and are happy with its performance. You can set alerts for highs and lows and it gives you a nice chart of whatever range of time you need. Batteries (2x AA) last over a year w/o replacement.

/ WiFi Thermometer #8  
We use a wifi Temp Stick to monitor temp and humidity in our second home and are happy with its performance. You can set alerts for highs and lows and it gives you a nice chart of whatever range of time you need. Batteries (2x AA) last over a year w/o replacement.
Nice, I especially like that it is made in the USA and there are no subscription fees.

/ WiFi Thermometer #9  
An alternative is to get a cheap wifi camera and place a large thermometer in it's field of view. When you want to check temperature, fire up the app on your phone or tablet. This also gives you the ability to monitor the pole barn for intruders!

/ WiFi Thermometer #10  
No Wifi, but have one out in the pool equipment area that transfers signal for outside temp to Santa Fe remote read of temp and humidity inside and outside.