Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it?

/ Will this connector give me issue when trying to remove it?
Turns out, looks like my block's ports are #8 OSB and not #10 OSB and Princess Auto do sell #8 OSBM to JICM 3/8 and #8 OSBM to NTPM 3/8 so I won't need size couplers there to connect my JIC T for the tank and my 3/8 QC for the PB return. This will simplify the block's connections. Thinking of having custom cut and crimped hoses so I can have the right connectors without needing size couplers there either. This will increase the cost a bit but simplify the valve's connections.

Ok, change of plan. I noticed that I didn't buy the right size T for the aux block vent port :( so that got me thinking. Since I don't plan on using the valve and backhoe at the same time, instead of messing with teeing the vent port, I'll bring the valve's vent port to the backhoe's vent port at the back of the tractor. But of course, I don't have the right hose for that so for now, the valve will remain with its vent port disconnected and since its power port QC will also be disconnected when in 'backhoe' mode, I don't think it will create an issue. I simply won't (and can't) use the valve until I get the right hose.

This is what it looks like with the valve bypassed. You can see the loader hose and backhoe hose being quick connected on the left of the valve and the valve's power QC caped on its right.

So what's left to do is connect that vent port to the backhoe's vent QC and add the other control valve hoses, which I'll only need when I'll use the snowblower (for chute and (new this year) top link remote).

1631122362989.png

Edit: I tried the backhoe (moved the joystick until I hit the relief valve a few times) and got no leak from the hoses to QC and the coupling to the original backhoe hose (did the fittings that required paste last night) :)

I managed to hook up the valve vent port to the back of the tractor vent QC. I had a long enough 3/8 hose, a ORBM 8-3/8 NPTF elbow, a 3/8 NPTF-1/2 NPTM coupler and a spare 1/2 NPTF QC so the only thing extra in line is that coupler. I've added paste to the coupler male end (going into the QC) and the 3/8 hose male end at the coupler (the coupler female end isn't chamfered). I've also redid the work port fittings with paste because those hoses with their crimped elbow aren't chamfered either). I'm letting the paste cure and will try the valve connected to the hydraulic toplink tomorrow

Last edited:
Probably the last update in my adventure to replace my 'log splitter' valve for a real valve with power beyond. Tried the valve this morning, connected to my hydraulic toplink (I didn't want to remove the backhoe so the toplink was just resting by the tractor. Beside a smear of fluid at where the PB hose connects to its elbow at the valve (NPT chamfer and flange) that was fixed by giving it 1/8 of a turn, no leak anywhere. Tried both the valve and 3PH and they both work correctly. Moved the cylinder to both limits to force the relief valve to open and create maximum pressure in the system, no leaks. So this conclude my foray into hydraulic circuit modification. Thanks to all that help me in my journey :)