Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Will TopNewsTalk ever return? #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
Will TopNewsTalk ever return?

I wonder if M ran out of patience with the crowd there.

Anybody know?

/ Will TopNewsTalk ever return? #2  
Have not visited for a long time. Same old...same old...

Seemed to devolve to a repository for folks who were banned...and just from not just TBN.

I am a member on a forum where they have "The Pit" for political stuff. It is more tolerant of marginal behavior but is moderated and if things go too far there are consequences. It provides a better experience than TNT so do my political postings/comments there. I doubt TNT will be missed by many.

/ Will TopNewsTalk ever return? #4  
Yeah, who cares? I even stopped watching Fox News since they made a left turn. ;)

/ Will TopNewsTalk ever return? #5  
Yeah, who cares? I even stopped watching Fox News since they made a left turn. ;)

Did they use their turn signal?

Funny since I just renewed my drivers license yesterday. I had to look into a machine an identify 10 road signs.

The very last one I had seen but didn’t know the official label. It was a sign with the road curving very slightly to the right.

I said “curve in the road”. She said “OK - anything else”?

I said “be careful” since the sign is yellow. She said “OK - anything else”?

I said “no”. She said I’ll give you a hint. “Which way is the road going”?

I said “right”.

Bingo! I was supposed to say “right hand curve in the road”.

Sheesh.

MoKelly

/ Will TopNewsTalk ever return? #8  
I guess I just caught the tail end for several weeks. Some of the posts were completely out of line. No disagreement or discussion, just name calling.
Well, that's how it used be around here. To the point that Muhammad had to come up with TopNewsTalk just to get that kind of posters and topics out of here.

Hopefully, they won't come back here, now that TNT seems to be down, and create a mess again.

/ Will TopNewsTalk ever return?
Some of the posts were completely out of line. No disagreement or discussion, just name calling.
You had to filter out the name-callers, using Ignore. There were a few there who didn't know how to present an opinion on anything. Their invariable reply was a mis-representation of the integrity of the original poster instead of any comment at all on the topic presented. Posts of that type were never worth reading. Posters who knew no other style went on Ignore.

After such filtering, I was reading there to get an understanding of perspectives very different from my own. And trying to see behind the characterizations of others that I saw in the MSM, that sometimes didn't really describe what a description was claimed to describe. I wanted to hear it right from the horses mouth (although sometimes that didn't seem to be the origin. :))

Anyhow - reading adequately filtered posts gave me a close up on the variety of opinions that Americans hold, something that is hard to find reading published media. I hope TNT resumes. If it remains unmoderated then doing moderating for myself with Ignore will continue to be needed since I don't want to read endless exchanges of insults.

/ Will TopNewsTalk ever return? #10  
You had to filter out the name-callers, using Ignore. There were a few there who didn't know how to present an opinion on anything. Their invariable reply was a mis-representation of the integrity of the original poster instead of any comment at all on the topic presented. Posts of that type were never worth reading. Posters who knew no other style went on Ignore.

After such filtering, I was reading there to get an understanding of perspectives very different from my own. And trying to see behind the characterizations of others that I saw in the MSM, that sometimes didn't really describe what a description was claimed to describe. I wanted to hear it right from the horses mouth (although sometimes that didn't seem to be the origin. :))

Anyhow - reading adequately filtered posts gave me a close up on the variety of opinions that Americans hold, something that is hard to find reading published media. I hope TNT resumes. If it remains unmoderated then doing moderating for myself with Ignore will continue to be needed since I don't want to read endless exchanges of insults.
Yep, that’s the sad state of affairs today.
Attack the person, not their policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.