Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #752  
A lot of that has already happened. Ford & Stellantis produce a lot of trucks in Mexico.
*I see a day when little, if anything is made here anymore.
Unions wages and gov’t regulations, along with corp taxes make the USA non-competitive in mass level production.

* AI and mass advanced robotics might change that.

Ai is more about stock price and not actual technology.

Robots and automation have been here.

/ Will UAW Strike? #753  
The strong unions here tend to be teachers, public sector, package delivery and service sectors, farm workers plus some medical professionals.

Just not a lot in manufacturing and factory…

Maybe this is part of a big plan following Tesla’s business model?

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #754  
Ai is more about stock price and not actual technology.

Robots and automation have been here.
Of course it has. I’m talking about robotics on a scale like we have never seen and AI being used to calculate production & business models that humans can’t

/ Will UAW Strike? #755  
Looks like local Postal Carriers may strike... first it was UPS and then Nurses and now it could even be mail carriers but not for money.

Letter Carriers nationwide are facing unprecedented increase in robberies and assaults and postal workers have had enough.

My local branch has had 31 armed robberies and physical assaults from February-September and lots of mail drop break-ins.

Maybe this will be looked at as the era of post COVID strikes?

/ Will UAW Strike? #756  
Looks like local Postal Carriers may strike... first it was UPS and then Nurses and now it could even be mail carriers but not for money.

Letter Carriers nationwide are facing unprecedented increase in robberies and assaults and postal workers have had enough.

My local branch has had 31 armed robberies and physical assaults from February-September and lots of mail drop break-ins.

Maybe this will be looked at as the era of post COVID strikes?

all these union strikes are happening because inflation is so high, all the union workers need to make more money!
Luv me some Bidenomics!!!!

/ Will UAW Strike? #757  
This was why the unions support bumps in minimum wage, too. They don't earn minimum, but some contracts are tied to it. They get automatic increases. If the market for labor increases without federal changes, those triggers don't happen.

We are starting into the next phase of the inflationary spiral. Spending goes up, which drives up prices, which puts upward pressure on wages, which drives up prices...these things happen in small doses in a healthy economy. The big problem is that spending went up by billions in a very short window. Rather like an inexperienced driver overcorrecting on ice. Big adjustments make things worse.

/ Will UAW Strike? #758  
I think a lot of people understand that the country is in big financial troubles, but other than casting their vote for candidates that SAY they will work to cut spending and balance the budget. What are they to do? If there is to be true change, some very unpopular decisions are going to have to be made and I'm afraid it probably isn't going to happen.

It will never get solved, it will just crumble.

History has showed time and time again, advanced societies get too comfortable. The attitude turns to laisse faire and vote towards ideology, instead of what is in their own best interest.

We have numerous examples of cities in societal collapse here in the US, but people will still vote to continue the decline without a thought to the future. It's a weird part of human nature. We destroy our own selves because of comfort and ignorance.

I get a lot of resumes from Ivy league candidates, and their resumes are full of he/him, she/her and blatant Marxism thought. All they have for experience is basically activism. For me those go straight to the trash pile, but they are getting hired somewhere. These little Karl Marx's wannabe's are going to run stuff one day, then it's over. Then some other country will be the superpower for awhile before cultural rot sets in.

/ Will UAW Strike? #759  
all these union strikes are happening because inflation is so high, all the union workers need to make more money!
Luv me some Bidenomics!!!!
California just passed a far reaching health care bill making Healthcare minimum wage $25 per hour and various studies say 60 to 75% of Healthcare workers are getting a raise.

It also ties annual raises to inflation if I understand correctly.

I'm not clear what constitutes a Healthcare worker... is the security guard signing patients in a clinic a Healthcare worker?... what about Housekeeping in non patient areas?

SB525 California

/ Will UAW Strike? #760  
California just passed a far reaching health care bill making Healthcare minimum wage $25 per hour and various studies say 60 to 75% of Healthcare workers are getting a raise.

It also ties annual raises to inflation if I understand correctly.

I'm not clear what constitutes a Healthcare worker... is the security guard signing patients in a clinic a Healthcare worker?... what about Housekeeping in non patient areas?

SB525 California
Seems that if Fast Food workers are getting $20 per hour, $25 is not out of line for a housekeeper, let alone anyone attending patients.....
ANYONE really think that paying $20 per hour for entry level jobs would not affect the pay every other job would demand?