Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,211  
Uh, Gale, this isn't an EV thread. There are plenty of them.

The point made earlier that you ignored, is that most EV advocates are hypocrites. The EV is not environmentally friendly. The ICE fans are not being hypocrites because they are not driving the ICE because they are environmentally friendly...taking your life clues from 8 year olds...smh...that is why the world is a hot mess right now. Adults don't adult.

Back to the actual topic...these agreements are just going to move more work away from restrictive states and countries. The RTW may even be enshrined again by SCOTUS as the case that allowed union exclusivity was flawed and political. Freedom of association is a constitutional right, forcing union membership violates that right.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,213  
TVA brought rural Tennessee Valley into the modern era in the 1930s. By the mid 1970s, they undertook to build 17 nuclear power plants essentially at the same time despite quite a bit of protests. By the early 1980s, construction cost overruns and rising interest rates meant that they were about to bankrupt themselves, and so they walked away from the program after spending a rather incredible amount of money.

For the most part, there hasn't been a problem with electrical power supply in Tennessee until last December when there were rolling backouts during a severe cold spell. But add EV demand onto it, and things could get problematic.

I'm not familiar with other areas of the US, but understand the TVA has been able to utilize our rivers to generate power where other states are not so fortunate, also suggesting to me that adding EVs to the power grid would be problematic when you look at the difficulty and expense of adding more power generation plants.

Given the power supply situation, what was Ford thinking going so headlong into the production of so many expensive EV's?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,214  
Maybe he's the guy that "cleans up the messes", e.g. hides the bodies, throws bricks through windows, scares old ladies, makes scabs disappear, etc?
Isn't that what clean up men do?:ROFLMAO:

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,215  
You keep saying this like it is something good. That 800 mile drive should take 13 hours and 20 minutes or less. Google maps says 12 hours and 36 minutes. Your car literally wasted 3 hours of your life and you are bragging about it.
Most business people I know that have a Tesla use the charging time to catch up on work they could not do while driving. At least that is what they have told me.
Don't know if it is really working for them as they complain about the time spent charging. Maybe, they are just natural complainers.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,216  
In my California location every EV in the driveway has solar on the roof.

For some the incentives were just to great... that includes driving in Carpool Lanes with single occupant and credits for installing home charging stations... plus state, federal and utility incentives for home solar, etc ..

Quite a bundle when you add it up.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,217  
Fords allowing a strike over a plant closing surprised me. The only thing I thought is that they would take a plant down to 25% capacity, and let it die on the vine.
Smart move?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,218  
1698522436544.png