Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014?

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #31  
The word "welcome" appears 1,826,299 the words "welcome to TBN" appears 1,523,289. If this was factually correct I would be a brain surgeon. There is a massive amount of dribble here. But.... The solid facts and advice vastly outweigh the dribble thus this site is one of the leaders on the net. 4,000,000 is well within our grasp in the very near future. -kid

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014?
The word "welcome" appears 1,826,299 the words "welcome to TBN" appears 1,523,289. If this was factually correct I would be a brain surgeon. There is a massive amount of dribble here. But.... The solid facts and advice vastly outweigh the dribble thus this site is one of the leaders on the net. 4,000,000 is well within our grasp in the very near future. -kid

Actually "welcome to tbn" occurs only 63,000 times. You can see by searching using the search box and putting the phrase in quotes. Search Results - TractorByNet.com

If you search without quotes it will return results for anything matching welcome, to, or TBN.

As for the issue of bloating post counts... I think everybody should be free to post as much or as little as they want. It's not like we give awards for the number of posts you have (other than user titles). And I don't think our advertisers would care if we had only 3,500,000 posts instead of 3,750,000 (assuming there are 250,000 "pointless" posts on the forum).

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #33  
Thats just "welcome to TBN"

I am sure there are a ton more that are just "welcome" or "hi from ____" , etc.

But you are right. Dont matter much. People can post whatever they want and whenever they want. (as long as they wait the 60 seconds or whatever in between posts...)

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #34  
I won the last contest guessing when we would hit 2,000,000 posts but I think it is a bit early to start a contest guessing when we will hit 4,000,000.

If we get more threads like "The Word Association Game", 4 million might come rather quickly though because they have well over 15,000 posts in 10 months because each person usually only replies one word. Not really a very helpful thread. :confused3:

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #35  
How does the recent chcnges to the politics thread affect this milestone?