Windows 10

/ Windows 10 #51  
It records every keystroke, mouse click, and browser history then sends that information to Microsoft where it is permanently stored on their servers, and used to build a dossier on you. It is then sold to advertisers for sure, law enforcement and maybe the Feds. Big Brother is watching! :thumbdown:

Please quote your source for this.

/ Windows 10 #53  
Every Google search, every email, every text message your send or receive, every interaction with a web site is logged in a file wherever that service is hosted. As such, it can be used for almost any purpose and can be the subject of a subpoena from law enforcement and it doesn't matter what the underlying operating system is. Your post made it sound like this was new with Windows10.

Last edited:
   / Windows 10 #54  
My post was extrapolated from their site. It's necessary to read between their lies ... errr lines. Obviously they aren't going to explicitly admit working with the NSA for example. They use the term "legal process" but they define what that means. Hey man, different strokes for different folks. If you want to give up your privacy in exchange for Windows 10 features go for it. I decline to do so.

"We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our services; and to protect the rights or property of Microsoft."

/ Windows 10 #55  
My post was extrapolated from their site. It's necessary to read between their lies ... errr lines. Obviously they aren't going to explicitly admit working with the NSA for example. They use the term "legal process" but they define what that means. Hey man, different strokes for different folks. If you want to give up your privacy in exchange for Windows 10 features go for it. I decline to do so.

"We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our services; and to protect the rights or property of Microsoft."
I assume you do not send or receive text messages or email, do Google searches or interact with web sites, buy online, etc.

And your quote of 'legal process' is hardly unique to Microsoft.

As I said, this is not new nor unique with Microsoft nor did I say I use Cortana. I am simply trying to inject some facts into this discussion.

/ Windows 10 #56  
My post was extrapolated from their site. It's necessary to read between their lies ... errr lines. Obviously they aren't going to explicitly admit working with the NSA for example. They use the term "legal process" but they define what that means. Hey man, different strokes for different folks. If you want to give up your privacy in exchange for Windows 10 features go for it. I decline to do so. "We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our services; and to protect the rights or property of Microsoft."

You might want to explore living on a remote South Pacific island if you want to live without sharing any data about your interests, purchases, likes etc. Certainly you need to disconnect yourself from all Internet services, credit cards etc. Heck, you better sign off from TBN because the NSA can find out quite a lot about you by reading your posts. (and your screen name is no shield).

/ Windows 10 #57  
Granted none of us have much privacy left. I am simply pointing out that using Windows 10 features makes it even easier to lose more privacy. As I said, if that doesn't bother you then by all means open the door and invite the M$ propeller-heads into your home.

/ Windows 10 #59  
Granted none of us have much privacy left. I am simply pointing out that using Windows 10 features makes it even easier to lose more privacy. As I said, if that doesn't bother you then by all means open the door and invite the M$ propeller-heads into your home.

I realize a lot of people are concerned about their "privacy". But since I'm not planning anything illegal, please explain to me what harm I even might, or possibly could, experience by using Windows 10 and all its features.