tacticalturnip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
So this wire...

20230621_175956.jpg

Was pulled out of here...

20230621_180009.jpg

I can put it back in, but how do I get it to stay?

/ Wiring help! #2  
Arrows would help to know where "here" is, but I'd suggest eventually a new switch, or first try removing more of the insulation and pushing back in.
Need to discover just what is supposed to hold that wire in place. Work from there.

/ Wiring help!
The white wire into the ignition switch. I'm trying to avoid pulling out everything to get a good look at the switch, but if I need to I will.

/ Wiring help! #4  
Crimp it down if still connected to the spade that (I presume) pulled off of a blade on what looks like some type of rotary switch.

/ Wiring help!
Well, it doesn't matter. For funsies, after going over the rest of the wiring, I was able to start the tractor without bothering to connect the white wire. So, I capped it off.

Now the 314 will start, run, and even mow- though it seems that the headlights need to be on for the PTO to work. What a fun time!

/ Wiring help! #6  
Well, it doesn't matter. For funsies, after going over the rest of the wiring, I was able to start the tractor without bothering to connect the white wire. So, I capped it off.

Now the 314 will start, run, and even mow- though it seems that the headlights need to be on for the PTO to work. What a fun time!

You've left me wondering because your photos didn't show enough detail to show what was wrong. Even so, good for you!

/ Wiring help! #7  
Here's the correct way to do it: pictured is a universal switch plug. The spades have a spring loaded tab so that it snaps in place from back of plastic socket. Push a very small flat blade screwdriver in from front will release tab so you can pull it out with needle nose pliers. Each spade has the wire crimp (2 small tabs sticking up) which are bent over, crimping onto the wire.
Yours someone added the short blue wire which I'd remove. The best way is open two small tabs, clean it, a little paste flux, strip 1/4" insulation off white wire, clean wire & a little flux. Wire in spade bending tabs down onto wire & solder (60/40 electronic flux-core solder, 40W iron). Spray clean spade making sure holding tab is out so when pushing back into socket it "snaps" in...tab faces socket slot.
It will never give trouble.
2023_06_21_19.41.23.jpg

/ Wiring help! #8  
This shows it better. I solder wire to spade (tiny amount) after crimped...cool then two end tabs around insulation as shown.
2023_06_21_20.10.49.jpg

/ Wiring help!
I'll give the piece a real cleaning up and fixing before putting it away for the winter, in the meantime I need it to mow, something I've never successfully done with it.

Something always has failed halfway through the front lawn, lol.

/ Wiring help!
Thursday was... exceptional. I started mowing the front yard and immediately slicked up the balding turf tires of the 314; the Kioti pulled it out of the mud. From there I was able to then mow most of the rest of the yard, before sliding into a fun time. After extraction via Kioti, the Deere 314 proceeded to piss out the entirety of her engine oil. I'll see what I did in the morning, I'm not meant to reliably mow my lawn. 🤣

20230622_153845.jpg20230622_154212.jpg20230622_154847.jpg

20230622_164104.jpg20230622_164123.jpg

20230622_202134.jpg