Wiring question

/ Wiring question #1  

garydc

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck20
Hi guys & girls. can anyone tell me what the extra wiring on the back of my ck20 by the fuel tank might be, there is a set of wires on both sides and I am thinking about adding some auxillary lighting on the rops on my tractor and wondered if these were for optional lights or other things and I should just run new wire a the way? Thanks Gary

/ Wiring question #2  
A quick search will show more information about it but if I remember correctly, it is for auxiliary electronics like a rear work light and needs a fuse installed in the fuse panel that is labeled "Customer Use" or something like that.

Try this thread for a little help.

/ Wiring question
Thank's Derek for the thread link it has some good info, don't know how I missed it before I'll put a fuse in that spot and get out the trusty test light and see if I have power at those wires and go from there. thanks again, Gary. p.s how do you like your Sim's cab?

/ Wiring question #4  
I just added a couple of lights to the ROPS on my CK20S. I tapped into the wiring on the right side of the tank, actually might be a little lower on the fender (2 bullet connectors). I ran a seperate switch as this connection is hot when the headlights are on. I did not have to add a fuse as there was already on in the slot for the rear worklight (what this connector was meant for). I didn't check the other wiring connectors, so I don't know if that would work or not.

/ Wiring question #5  
p.s how do you like your Sim's cab?

When I bought my tractor (Oct. 2005) the cab was just $1895 and for that price it is well worth it. I have the glass windows with wipers front and rear, an engine coolant "heater core" type heater with adjustable electric fan inside, velcro fabric cover on one side and a metal framed fabric door on the other side. Now that the cab has some hard use on it (very rough terrain), it is showing it's weaknesses. Mostly just the gaps where it goes over the hood are getting larger and the plastic windows on the sides are getting blurry. My only major complaint is that the entire cab is only supported by floor mounts and nothing at the top so it rocks back and forth while going over bumps and makes a loud creaking noise, the big bumps causes the door to fling open because of the flex. This was mostly fixed by creating a solid mount from my ROPS to the top of the cab but it still rocks some. All in all, it was well worth the price then at less than $2000 but I hear it is almost $3000 now and does not looked changed at all, I would not pay that much for it now.