Won't Start after Stall

/ Won't Start after Stall
Re: Won\'t Start after Stall

Alright here is what I have found.
I cracked all lines one at a time working back from the tank. I worked the pump at each fitting. I got fuel flow at all banjo fittings.
I took the fuel filter housing off the tractor hoping to break the filter from the housing. I was starting to bend the cast metal hanger with it attached to the block so before it broke I removed it, still can't get filter off but it was/is full of fuel.
Next I removed all lines and checked for blockage and kinks. I blew them all out with compressed air. No blockage or kinks, the screen filter was clean.
Put it back together, pumped till my hand hurt, individually cracked all lines, pumped some more till fuel came out of each one, tightened them all, made sure no leaks.
Next came the injectors; I don't have an open end wrench larger than a 19mm and it was too tight to get my cresent wrench up to the injectors at the head. Hope this is not a major item. I losened them all at the injector pump, I pumped the primer many times but do not get any fuel out of any of the injectors.
Next since my compression release leaver is non existant, but there is a lever with spring attached on the back of the head, I rigged a screwdrver through the hole and jammed it open. I turned the engine over, got the oil pressure up, stopped starting to remove screwdriver, then immediately went back to starter. I really did not notice any difference in load but the oil pressure went up like Greg said. There was really no difference in sound.
On last thing before this post. I opened all the injector fittings at the pump and rigged the decompression valve open with a screwdriver then turned engine, noted if any fuel came out of injector fittings, it did not, closed decompression valve turned engine over, noted fuel flow out of injectors, still none.

/ Won't Start after Stall #22  

So still no go,,you havn't checked the injectors yet,to see if fuel is getting to them,through them,,I think thats what you said,,,but if your getting fuel out of the other end of injector line,,,you wouldn't think all three would be stopped up,,,,What kind of tractor is it,,,h.p. brand,,,it is a jinma right?How many hrs on it,,is it still under a warrenty,,,did you call the dealer if so? T he decompression lever is not there?but there is a decompression part on valve cover? Keep at it,,,I bet its nothing that will cost much to fix,,,,anyways you can pull it to level ground? thingy

Richard,
I am afraid that it is not on level ground. It is pointed uphill with BB and FEL down on ground ARG!!! Otherwise I would yank it with the Ford 250 4x4. Maybe that is why there is no fuel flow. The tank is below the fuel filter.

/ Won't Start after Stall #24  

If your battery is still strong, you may be able to just spin the starter long enough to pump enough hydraulics to lift your implements off the ground and move your tractor.

Hmm that is a thought, how long would it take to spin up enough fluid to move the FEL. I probably can jack the BB and drop it from the 3pt. I hate to kill the starter, has anyone else tried this with positive results?

/ Won't Start after Stall #26  

Just another idea, You might try pumping the primer while you try to start the engine. do/did you have oil in the injector pump? There is a small dipstick on the rear of the pump. It is supposed to have 10w oil in there. Just a couple of ounces.

I would vote against using the starter to run the hydraulic pump. you don't want to crank a starter more than 20-30 seconds at a time or you could fry the windings. You might be able to use tie-down staps or a comealong or a hydraulic jack to raise the implements, then tie them up.

/ Won't Start after Stall #27  

Yeah,where there is a will,,,,if you could get the box blade unhooked,,,by what ever means,,[the lift arms themselfs come off],,,than maybe you could drag it backwards with fel down,heck if its much up hill,you better be carefull when and if you remove the back blade,,,it might just coast down by itself,,,,if you get it on level ground,,,maybe you can than try and prime it,,maybe it will start. At least you will know that that wasn't it,,,I mow on some very steep spots,,,never noticed anything,course I have the r.p.ms up then,,,,the only thing that my hills do,is cause trans oil,[just a few drops],to leak into bell housing and out that little drain hole on the bottom of housing,,,this worried me for a while,,,but two years later it has not gotton worse,and just does it on the steepest hills[45 degrees,,or more,don't really know,but they are steep],clutch has never sliped from the oil in housing either,,,somebody said[[think it was on a web page which is no longer there,mike stuarts??] that this could happen,if trans is overfilled or going down steep long hill,,,after reading that,I felt better,,must be some kind of a hole or something at top of trans/creeper,that when on a steep enough slope leaks a few drops,,,if it was a seal,,you would think it would leak all the time,,unless bad spot is at top???anyways it just does it when on very steep hills,and than just a few drops,,,hasn't got worse,,,if it does,,than its got to be more serious,it never leaks enough to add any oil and I'm pretty certain its coming from trans side cause I took those inspection plates off and it seemed for sure that was the end it was coming from,,,,wonder if anybody elses has done this? Maybe I got the steepests hills?I'm hopeing that is it,,never really over fill trans,but always fill a tad above any line.... thingy

/ Won't Start after Stall #28  

do not worrry about (flooding) on a diesel, as if it has AIR & FUEL it will RUN as long as the compression is up, it can get too much fuel it will get a FUEL LOCK and engine will not crank over, untill the decompression lever is pulled/turned.

there is a post here which has lots of trouble shooting on the Pump & Fuel problems on a 204. same system pretty much.

If you can crank it then spraying a bit of either/starting fluid in there is OK as long as you go very spareingly!!!

take the rubber intake hose loose, and do not spray dirrectly INTO the hose, but just at it... you can keep it running that way for several seconds with out much problems but it burns very HOT compaired to fuel so that is ONE way to get the hydraulics UP. use a bungie to HOLD levers up if need be or better yet put the wifie on there hold brakes on, and out of gear, hold FEL and 3 pt levers in UP/RAISE and start while you spray the fluid... this will get you going to raise then slowly un-brake to let tractor go down hill...

here is link to the fuel starting prob post
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/china/Number/464690/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/all

Mark M

/ Won't Start after Stall #29  

Hello All,
This sounds familiar, went 200 yards down the road and it died. It was till getting some fuel but not enough to run or start, I found the filter inside the fuel tank, which is in the inlet port of the fuel bowl housing was colapsed. Took a while to find that out, kept thinking it was something complicated.

Mark,
I unfortunately I have read that same post several times, I wish the guy would post a follow-up and let us know what was actually the problem and how he fixed it. There are some similarities but mine was running fine before it stalled. Now I am not getting fuel past injector pump. I am gong down to Sears today and getting a set of 21mm and larger open end wrenches to remove the hard lines at the injectors. Hopefully this will release the last bit of air in the system.