Wood chippers

/ Wood chippers #11  
My Woodland Mills WC68 was delivered Monday this past week. I put it together but haven't tried it out yet. It's been wet all week. I hope it will handle Mesquite on 42hp. o_O

/ Wood chippers #12  
My Woodland Mills WC68 was delivered Monday this past week. I put it together but haven't tried it out yet. It's been wet all week. I hope it will handle Mesquite on 42hp. o_O
You will be fine, I'm chipping 4" hickory with 30 pto horses.

/ Wood chippers #13  
I have a Cary Bearcat 73454 3-pt chipper, which is similar to their CH5540 today. It has a 140 lb flywheel, and I run it with my JD 870, which was rated at 25 PTO HP. It runs it fine, but does lug down if I put something large and solid in it. But I generally use anything like that for firewood, so don't chip it.
I also bought the same chipper used with the shredder accessory. My MF GC1720 with somewhere around only 20 pto HP powers it just fine. If I feed it too much it will bog but it keeps chipping and shredding and rapidly recovers. I mainly only notice that it’s slowed down by looking at the tach.

I really like the shredder feature, it turns brush into fine chips.

/ Wood chippers #14  
You will be fine, I'm chipping 4" hickory with 30 pto horses.
Except Mesquite is much harder.

janka.jpg

/ Wood chippers
Congrats on the new chipper. I'm going to check with the seller to see what I'd get with 27 pto hp. Enjoy!

/ Wood chippers #16  
Do your home work, they are not all created equal. Note the infeed roller frame and bearing on these two pictures. Just a sample of build quality.

For my use and limbs, I need two powered infeed rollers. I tried a gravity and two different singles, too much work. I have found it takes about 10hp per inch of limb size. On a naturally aspirated engine, you can loose 3-4 percent of your rated power per 1k' in elevation, so factor that in.

wc88-wood-chipper-28.jpg
BX72R%20photo%20(3).jpg

/ Wood chippers
Thanks, nice looking unit!

/ Wood chippers #18  
If you can burn a match is alot cheaper than a chipper....if you want chips call a tree company and offer a free dump site.

I have cleared acres and used many hundreds of yards of chips with no chipper.

/ Wood chippers #19  
I have a Woodland Mills chipper rated 30-50 Hp. I run it on a 19Hp tractor, but i'm normally chipping 2" stuff. The bigger throat means I don't have to de-limb as much. If I try to go to big, I will stall the tractor, BTDT. Bigger stuff is firewood, or I also have a 55 Hp tractor if I really need to chip bigger stuff.

/ Wood chippers #20  
Woodmaxx hydraulic feed chippers are worth what ever you gotta pay for them. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed. When I was on the fence whether or not to buy one, I phoned a guy in my region who I saw on their customer comment page. He sold me on it and I'm glad he did.