Wood Splitting Question??

/ Wood Splitting Question??
Will take photos tomorrow/thanks. John

P1030058-001.jpgP1030059-001.jpgP1030057-001.jpgP1030059.jpg

Here are the photos of the splitter control valve.

/ Wood Splitting Question?? #23  
Your pressure line appears to be the bottom hose,so just add a tee and gage.

/ Wood Splitting Question?? #24  
Ype. Looks like the bottom one to me. And looks like just plain old NPT fittings too. And appears to be 3/4" as well. But I would double check that before ordering parts.

You need one of these Street Tee (Pipe)
One of these............Hex Reducer Pipe Bushing (NPTF)

And the gauge...........Bottom Mounted Pressure Gauges

And some sealer PTFE Thread Sealing Compound.

That is the only sealer I see them list. But I prefer to use loctite 545 forhydraulics. But the teflon stuff like listed works as well.

On that tee and reducer bushing, order according to whatever size you have. IT looks like 3/4" but I am not positive of that.

Unscrew the bottom hose from the valve. You may loose a little fluid. Put some sealer on the male threads of that street-tee and thread into the valve. Then thread the hose into the bottom of the tee. And the reduceer and gauge into the side of the tee. Thats it.

$11 for sealer
$1.36 for the reducer
$10.11 for the tee
$17.11 for the gauge. And I'd probably go 0-5000psi.

Total cost of about $40 plus shipping if you order from there.

LD1-Wow..I can't thank you enough for all of your help! Really appreciate all of your time and advise.

Will a simple measurement of the od of the threads (hose end fitting) determine the diameter that I need to order?

/ Wood Splitting Question?? #26  
Yes, that would tell you. But 3/4" NPT wont be 3/4" on the outside. And depending on what you measure with, and where. Keep in mind NPT is tapered.

But there are large enough differences between pipe sizes, even a tape measure should get close.

Now let me see if I can find that chart.

/ Wood Splitting Question?? #28  
I use an axe and maul for my splitting. Have an old DR electric splitter I inherited from my Dad that isn't worth the metal it's made out of. Only wood I detest splitting is elm. That I cut in 1 foot lengths and let sit a year to dry before chunking it,