Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #42  
I like the idea of the container as a bridge. Using it as a bridge and then shutting the doors to store the tractor. It would also keep a large tractor or truck from crossing the bridge.

Or remove the doors and cut windows into the sides to make it picturesque. It should last for a good while.

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #43  
My response to the OP was simply in regards to having a similar project. Positively participating in a Forum, that is all. No where was I looking for analysis to hijack the OP's thread. Nor was I telling him what to do. Thank you "Super Member".
Welcome to TBN, BoneZX14. Everyone here appreciates seeing a project well done but sometimes it's a tough crowd.

On a related note, 50 years ago and maybe still, of all the engineering disciplines, Aeronautical Engineering was rumored to be the most rigorous. Main reason was that with weight restrictions, they had to carefully design things that were just safe enough.

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #44  
The OP asked for information/opinion.....now he (and you) don't like the result?
I assume this site to be fact based.
In my world, warm and fuzzys are for politicians.
So then simply respond to the OP. If you dont like something that someone else contributed, learn to filter amd move on. Nobody posted any fiction to challenge your "fact based" hardline. Read up on the the intent of these Forums so you can save yourself the the ill (narrow) assumption and have a broader "fact base" of this much larger World. Nobody asked about "your world", "warm and fuzzy" and "Politicians" , doubt any of that will help the OP. :ROFLMAO:

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #45  
Me thinks the rule of thumb is if its 12
feet long take half is 6 and add 2 so you
would have a 2x8x12 ft for floor joists or
rafters. Our fat cat never fell threw the floor
so the formula must work????

willy

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #46  
So then simply respond to the OP. If you dont like something that someone else contributed, learn to filter amd move on. Nobody posted any fiction to challenge your "fact based" hardline. Read up on the the intent of these Forums so you can save yourself the the ill (narrow) assumption and have a broader "fact base" of this much larger World. Nobody asked about "your world", "warm and fuzzy" and "Politicians" , doubt any of that will help the OP. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for the critique!

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #47  
Me thinks the rule of thumb is if its 12
feet long take half is 6 and add 2 so you
would have a 2x8x12 ft for floor joists or
rafters. Our fat cat never fell threw the floor
so the formula must work????

willy
That may be appropriate for a roof or floor, but a tractor has a different footprint.

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #49  
I have two built from old creosoted bridge timbers. The tractor's weight runs on the two main timbers. The planks are for when cattle cross for the most part.

/ Wooden bridge for 2000# tractor to cross creek #50  
I have two built from old creosoted bridge timbers. The tractor's weight runs on the two main timbers. The planks are for when cattle cross for the most part.
My neighbor did something similar over an intermittent creek using telephone poles. it was about 25 feet long and only about 5 feet above the creek bed but his work horses refused to cross it.