Wooden V snow plow for FEL

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #11  
As many a gravel driveway owner has done use a piece of 2" PVC pipe for a cutting edge. Moves the snow and leaves the gravel behind. Cheap easy way to get the plow to ride on the ground. I have a steel pipe on my plow works great.

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #12  
Man you gotta get a welder! After viewing your photos.... I for one would like to see what you can do with steel.

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #13  
I really like that fabrication ...gets me to thinking of what I can conjure up using forks on the FEL with a pallet-like base for the modded plow.

You really got me to thinking with this post, thanks again fro posting.

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL
Man you gotta get a welder! After viewing your photos.... I for one would like to see what you can do with steel.

Thanks for the kind words. Wood is easy for me to work with. That might be because I come from a long line of Northwest timber men. :) My dad built a lot of his own stuff - wood, steel, whatever - and I learned a lot from him. But wood works well for many things. I even had a wooden 2 passenger airplane for a while. Still, it would be great to have the equipment to work with steel. Maybe someday....

I will try to get a few pictures of the framing this weekend. Skis or skids would be a good addition. Or maybe a pipe edge...

Someone asked about location - Southern Illinois. No worries about needing to plow the road again any time soon - the snow will all be gone in a few days.

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #16  
Someone asked about location - Southern Illinois. No worries about needing to plow the road again any time soon - the snow will all be gone in a few days.

This helps me understand how a simple FEL mounted plow is all you need!:thumbsup: My drive is not as long as yours is, but if I cleared it like you did, the next blow would fill it in to the height of the snow left on each side of the road.:eek: I used to do all my snow clearing with the FEL and wound up having those snow ridges on each side - I call 'em "windrows". After a couple winters of deep snowbanks forming over my drive, I switched to blowing out my drive areas instead. But since you are expecting your snow to melt quickly, what you're using is perfect. Our load of snow won't be gone till around early April.:rolleyes:

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #17  
This helps me understand how a simple FEL mounted plow is all you need!:thumbsup: My drive is not as long as yours is, but if I cleared it like you did, the next blow would fill it in to the height of the snow left on each side of the road.:eek: I used to do all my snow clearing with the FEL and wound up having those snow ridges on each side - I call 'em "windrows". After a couple winters of deep snowbanks forming over my drive, I switched to blowing out my drive areas instead. But since you are expecting your snow to melt quickly, what you're using is perfect. Our load of snow won't be gone till around early April.:rolleyes:

For reference, I'm in southern Indiana, not far from the original poster. Weatherman says it will be sunny and near 50 Sunday. We'll take it!

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #18  
In my late teens, (many moons ago) I had an original VW beetle that I fashioned a plow for.
It was a 16" X 6' piece of 3/4 plywood with bed spring angle for cutting edge, some bits of 2" X 4" stud material and hooked it on the VW bumper.
I'd back the VW into dad's garage, drive out pushing the snow out of our drive and across the road.
To raise the plow a hockey stick served as the lever with a rope leading back to the driver's window.
That KISS plow took all of about 3/4 hour to make but saved me many hours of hand shoveling dad's drive.
With the engine sitting over the drive wheels those old VW's sure had great traction.
With chains nothing could stop you.
Once with 3 buddies on board and chained we actually plowed back snow banks left by city plow by holding the passenger door open with our feet.

Fun stuff we did when young and foolish. LOL.

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #19  
For reference, I'm in southern Indiana, not far from the original poster. Weatherman says it will be sunny and near 50 Sunday. We'll take it!

Did that polar vortex reach you folks, too? We're finally getting some relief from the bitter cold, otherwise I'd be asking you to share some of that +50.:D

/ Wooden V snow plow for FEL #20  
Good looking plow and an effort you will long remember. Looks like all you need for right now.