Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times !

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #21  
I bought my Woodland Mills WC68 last spring. It took about 8 weeks lead time. Woodland Mills does charge your CC up front. I wish they did not. I know this is always controversial. I also bought an Igland 3501 skidding winch at the same time. I had all kinds of expectations to use them. However life has been too busy for me with my work and my family which includes 3 grandkids at present. So both the WC68 and the 3501 are still sitting on their pallets in their original wrapping. I am hoping before the end of May to get them put together and into use. The Woodland Mills are chinese manufactured but everything that I have read and heard is only good. The Igland 3501 was one of the lowest priced skidding winches around and the dealer up in NH included the shipping for free. Since then I have seen this winch, I cannot remember the name, made in eastern europe that looks like an excellent winch and it is at a very good price as well.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #22  
Anyone who is looking for a WC68 and is near east coast USA let me know. I am interested in selling mine. Only an hour or so of use.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #23  
Luckily I bought my WC88 in late 2019. Great unit.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #24  
Still waiting on my woodmax mx8800. As of yesterday I’m number 122 on the wail list.....yeiks

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #25  
I ordered a WC88 on May 6 and it’s being delivered tomorrow, June 29. Just shy of 2 months. I believe on the website it stated end of August for orders being placed then.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #26  
Still waiting on my woodmax mx8800. As of yesterday I’m number 122 on the wail list.....yeiks
I ordered my Woodmizer BSM on March 23 after being told they had an 18 week lead time, which brought it to the end of July. Last week I was finally told it is supposed to be built on Aug 12... a bit farther out than originally stated but I only have paid out a $500 deposit. I'm not about to write an interest free loan to anybody.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #27  
.........snip................... I'm not about to write an interest free loan to anybody.

Fair enough - not arguing, but also consider there is a shop somewhere where they are paying wages to people to make the chipper you have ordered knowing they had none in the inventory waiting for a buyer.
Yes I know it's the cost of them running their business.

Is your money now actually earning interest elsewhere?

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #28  
IMG_1309.JPG

The WC88 was delivered on time. The 18 wheeler parked at the top of the driveway and I drove out, offloaded with the forks and put in the garage.
I took my time putting together, not bad. A second person would be nice but not absolute.
No issues, the construction is solid. Ran for about an hour today in lieu of working and it performed fine with the exception that I need to adjust the tension of the control arm. It was too easily going into neutral.
I beefed up the base of the pallet it came on and added wheels to store and move around a little easier.
With just an hour of use and several hours of construction and admiration I’m very satisfied.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #29  
I looked at the woodland mills, but chose woodmax mx8800 cause it’s us made. My old chinese jinma works ok, but I just can’t stand the thought of sending any more $$ to china. I try to buy us or at least us friendly products. So Korea, mexico, Canada, GB, JAPAN all ok in my book. China, no way.

/ Woodland Mills wood Chipper wait times ! #30  
I looked at the woodland mills, but chose woodmax mx8800 cause it’s us made. My old chinese jinma works ok, but I just can’t stand the thought of sending any more $$ to china. I try to buy us or at least us friendly products. So Korea, mexico, Canada, GB, JAPAN all ok in my book. China, no way.
I wish these had a "use your tractor hydraulics" option to reduce price!