Woodmaxx 3 pt hitch Backhoe WM-8600 comments

/ Woodmaxx 3 pt hitch Backhoe WM-8600 comments
I'm basically done with the conversion to subframe mount. I haven't had any time to mess with it over the last year. Maybe this weekend...:confused2:

Finally, out of necessity, I finished up my subframe hookup. IMO, I believe this is the only way to safely hook up a backhoe to a tractor. I like it much better then the 3 pt. I found the subframe for my L3540 on the internet from dealer old stock, then bought the two extension brackets used to extend a factory BH away from this model with a cab. I have an open station. The really nice part about this is the brackets make a great custom fit for the backhoe to hook up with the associated locking pins.

The bad part...I have one of the earlier models of the WM-8600 with the Chinese valve. It makes using the BH almost impossible due to the jerkiness. Lowering/lifting the boom is like using an on/off switch. I absolutely can not feather the valve for small movements. The jerkiness is really bad. I can somewhat minimize this by moving the dipper and/or bucket simultaneously, thereby diverting some of the hydraulic pressure away and lessening the jerkiness. It also has this problem with left/right movement. I attempted to adjust the valve with Woodmax's suggestions, but it didn't help much. I asked awhile bak about changing out the valves to the Italian version, but was told it would be $1,000+ to do so.

Here's a trench and hole I had to dig for a 1,000 gal propane tank. 5x5x18 feet.

IMG_1180.jpeg
IMG_1186.jpeg
IMG_1185.jpeg

HP

/ Woodmaxx 3 pt hitch Backhoe WM-8600 comments #23  
Sorry to revive an old thread and sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what tractor are you running the woodman 8600 backhoe on?

It was on a Grand L3540. I sold the backhoe back in 2021 and bought a mini excavator. I had too many projects around my property for a backhoe.