Chipper Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #71  
I got a couple of hours of chipping in this afternoon on my new WoodMaxx WM-8H & I'm very impressed! Stalled the tractor once but only because I had the infeed going too fast for it to handle the piece I was feeding it.

Here's a picture of the results!

IMG_7853.jpg

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #72  
I got a couple of hours of chipping in this afternoon on my new WoodMaxx WM-8H & I'm very impressed! Stalled the tractor once but only because I had the infeed going too fast for it to handle the piece I was feeding it.

Here's a picture of the results!

View attachment 396120

Very nice photo and machine.

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #74  
Another praise for woodmax
I bought my WM8H this last spring and love it
I've used it off and on all summer to clear brush and take down a couple of trees
I run it with a Mahindra 3016, with 23 PTO horses, at full feed speed for everything but the largest of branches.
The larger 8in throat make all the difference, you don't have to clean up the branches before feeding.

Last edited:
   / Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #75  
I took delivery of a WM8H a couple days ago, won't have a chance to run it for while but the packaging and accompanying material, manual, CD, parts,packing, is really impressive. I am thinking I might have to monkey with my top link set up. I already have an extended long top link to match my Pat's quick hitch. The Pat's set up has been fine for me running a five foot rotary brush cutter, six foot back blade, carryall and other implements.

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #76  
I've had a Wallenstein for several years now and am not very happy with it. I paid for hydraulic feed but have to push most wood into the chipper. Calls and letters to Wallenstein got no answer. If the juniper I put through it isn't pretty dry the chute will clog at the entrance. Then it's time to disassemble :mad: I think the slow 540 RPM of the direct drive flywheel is part of the clogging problem. The hydraulic hoses are leaking so badly I will need to replace them before spring. I wanted American made but I think I'll sell it and try the Woodmaxx. Maybe Wallenstein has gotten better but I'm not going to give them another chance.

Last edited:
   / Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #77  
Another happy Woodmaxx chipper here. On my Workmaster 55, I can feed pine as fast as it'll go and as big as will fit in the opening. Hardwoods are good up to about 6 inches, otherwise it's a slow feed process. I have about 20 hours on it now and it's been flawless. The only thing to watch for, is large branches with short broken off branches. If the stub goes out the slot where the feeder roller pivots up and down, it will jam.

Cutting off the nub with a small handsaw (even used a swiss army knife once), fixes the jams.

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #78  
I've had a Wallenstein for several years now and am not very happy with it. I paid for hydraulic feed but have to push most wood into the chipper. Calls and letters to Wallenstein got no answer. If the juniper I put through it isn't pretty dry the chute will clog at the entrance. Then it's time to disassemble :mad: I think the slow 540 RPM of the direct drive flywheel is part of the clogging problem. The hydraulic hoses are leaking so badly I will need to replace them before spring. I wanted American made but I think I'll sell it and try the Woodmaxx. Maybe Wallenstein has gotten better but I'm not going to give them another chance.

Sorry you've had issues with your chipper. I bought the BX42 and have had clogging issues, but for somewhat different reasons. Mine will pull material (non-hydraulic) and process it just fine, but will not evacuate chips effectively. I constantly have to watch the chute as I feed material. The moment it stops coming out of the chute, I cut the tractor off and clear it. It took some getting used to, but now seems to be doing what I want, just need to be careful with the type of material and rate at which I send it through. Chalk it up as a learning curve.

I'd love to run 1k PTO, but it clogs the chute instantly. If I ever get a welder, that chute is getting cut lower to allow more product through. I could care less if it doesn't shoot chips 20', it can pile up next to the tractor for all I care. That's what a loader is made for!

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #79  
Jinma is not a real company that makes wood chippers. You can do all the research you want, and you will never find a Jinma Corporation that makes chippers. It's simply the name of a design style that no one owns the rights to.

The WoodMaxx WM-8M and WM-8H appear to be solid units. Is the WC-8N worth considering?

Just spoke with a rep on the phone at WoodMaxx for a bit... very patient and friendly. She stated that the units are made in China. When asked, she said that the value model (WC-8N) was very similar to the Jinma chippers, but that the higher models (WM-8M/H) are not the same and are much improved. When asked, she said the difference in speed (feed) between the Mechanical and Hydraulic version was 58 ft/min vs 75 ft/min.

This is encouraging:

I recently bought a Jinma WC8 Chipper from Coldwatertractors in Hoqium, WA. It's being urned by a Yanmar 1700. They charged me $1250 cash for the chipper. So far I have done about....6 or 8 full size pick up truck loads full. I drive a 1998 Dodge Ram 3500, so it's a decent amount of material. So far the blades are still sharp, and it just chugs right along.

This is discouraging:

I purchased the WC-8 Liberty Implements Wood Chipper
After about an hour I had a nice pile of chips... and then...

I am also looking at a Goossen CS-1 chipper with a shredder that looks handy for brush...

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #80  
Used the Wood MaxxTM86H last week to chip 2 yards of oak branches up to 5 inches thick with the BX2200. No issues, no bogging down. Combo handled the branches as fast as I could feed them. Well built machine. Well thought out safety features. The ability to control feed rate with the hydraulic in feed motor is the key feature. Check them out.

Last edited: