Chipper Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #81  
Put my Woodmaxx to work chipping maple branches left from trees I've recently dropped for firewood. Only my 2nd time using it - it's a beast! I love the hydraulic infeed! Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #82  
Howdy Folks,
I spent a good amount of time searching the forums for Woodmaxx Chippers. This one seems like it has the most info? Is there a better one?

I'm considering buying the Woodmaxx WM-8H. I would love to hear back from some of the guys who bought them back in 2011 when this thread was started. How are they holding up after 5 years?

Thanks
GOOBZ

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #83  
I bought my WM-8H in the spring of 2013 and it has performed flawlessly so far.

I spent a full day last year chipping huge piles of brush my neighbor had accumulated over the years.
This was very dry dusty wood but the Woodmaxx handled it with ease.

Cleat

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #84  
Thanx Cleat!

What's a guestimate of how many hours you've put on it?

How may times have you sharpened the blades?

How many PTO HP is your tractor?

What's your elevation?

Thank you in advance!

GOOBZ

I bought my WM-8H in the spring of 2013 and it has performed flawlessly so far.

I spent a full day last year chipping huge piles of brush my neighbor had accumulated over the years.
This was very dry dusty wood but the Woodmaxx handled it with ease.

Cleat

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #85  
What's a guestimate of how many hours you've put on it? I would say around 25 actual working hours

How may times have you sharpened the blades? None yet but they are reversible and I have a spare set.

How many PTO HP is your tractor? 30

What's your elevation?
Latitude: 44.69939 North
Longitude: 75.74799 West
Altitude: 122m/400ft

1-Wood chipper ready to work 2.jpg

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #86  
I'm not sure if this is relevant for you or not but I have a farm pro 6 inch chipper. It usually gets the job done but not without a fair share of problems. I have had a lot of Feed wheel issues. Have had to rebuild the driveline that runs the feed wheel three times. Just recently had to change bearings. And I haven't even had to sharpen the blades yet. It was cheap so I guess I got what I paid for and like I said it does seem to get the job done. But it's definitely not professional quality. I think if you're looking for a chipper and you're considering a Chinese brand my advice would be to make sure you're comfortable working on it from time to time.

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #87  
That is why I bought the hydraulic infeed unit.

Seems to be too many problems with the mechanical infeed.

If the pump causes any grief I can always just use the tractors hydraulics to run it.

Cleat

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #88  
I got the WM-8M two days ago and got to use it yesterday. I debated whether I should get the hydraulic feed model but decided on the manual based on your feedbacks. I chip about 95% pine/fir and feed only up to 5-6" stuff and so far, I'm quite pleased with it. If Woodmaxx made a fold-up chute to save space, that would be the bomb but I can deal with it.

I do plan to install rounded corners on the bottom & sides as branches likes to snag on them. Probably will install a chainsaw scabbard & holder for a pair of loppers. Those two tools are a must for me and would like it to be easily accessible.

Anybody have any thoughts about why Woodmaxx is offering two choices of PTO shafts (Standard vs American)? I went with the standard and it did fine. Any difference between the two?

Meanwhile, this chipper will now be regulated to light duty to tow around my property with my ATV. Nice little brute that can chip up to 4" wet pine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458977151.726028.jpg

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #89  
Howdy Folks,
I spent a good amount of time searching the forums for Woodmaxx Chippers. This one seems like it has the most info? Is there a better one?

I'm considering buying the Woodmaxx WM-8H. I would love to hear back from some of the guys who bought them back in 2011 when this thread was started. How are they holding up after 5 years?

Thanks
GOOBZ

I've had my WM-8H for a couple years now. I have easily 25-30 hours on the unit. I have 60% pine, 45% maple and 5% miscellaneous trees and woody vines. Pine feeds like a dream through it. Maple does better if it dries for a few months first. It will feed maple when green, but anything bigger than 4 inches and it tends to bog down. Also, keep all side branches of an inch or more very short BECAUSE if they stick out through the slots where the auto feeder pivots up and down, it will jam up and can be very tedious to unjam.

I'm running mine on a 48 HP at the PTO Workmaster 55.

From a financial standpoint, the 4th or 5th time I ran it, it paid for itself (compared to renting a 6 inch or God forbid 12 inch chipper).

/ Woodmaxx vs Jinma chipper #90  
Following the arrival of notices about the last few posts I went on their web site this morning to check out the prices.
SURPRISE ! There is now a 9900 model, and a 9900SS (for skid steer) as I expected, bigger, supposedly better and of course more MONEEeeeeeee.

It seems to reach diminishing returns fairly quickly, the 8M $2280 8H $2800 MX9900 $5,000-10 then the MX9900SS at $8500

The 8M and 8H look to be MUCH fairer deals now :D