Woods 1006 will not float

/ Woods 1006 will not float #1  

CharlieR

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubata B7200
I have a Woods 1006 serial #050592 on a Kubota B7200.
The manual, the labeling etc indicate it has a float position, joy stick fully forward.
It operates properly in all other aspects but the handle hits a hard stop (no detent) on the down direction.
I've removed the spool detent assembly (almost lost the little balls) and found this to be a bit gummed up and rusty.
I thought then that the solution would be to clean everything, re-lubricate and reassemble.
That done it still will not move to a detent position.
The control valve is a Danfoss but there are no markings other than a small metal plate with the Danfoss name and a number (3039) in the casting.
I am not able so far to find any information about the construction and function of this valve.
I'm looking for suggestions for information and a fix.
Any help will be appreciated.

/ Woods 1006 will not float
No resolution yet but I'm not done yet.
I've had my left shoulder rebuilt (rotator cuff & arthritus) so I haven't braved the cold to look into it further.
I did clean out the spool detent assembly but that assembly did not look like it had allowances for the float position (just a guess by what I saw).
I've read all the other posts about this issue and find no obvious solutiopn other than to change the whole control for a new one.
Any ideas where I might get info on the Danfos control??

/ Woods 1006 will not float #4  
My westendorf loader has a danfoss valve also. When I was trying to get a PB sleve I had a lot of problems trying to get the right one. Danfoss will not sell to the public. You have to go through one of their dealers. Try ing to find a dealer that would spend the time to search for the right one was tough. I finally found a dealer in Mo. that took the time and trouble to find the right one. Google danfoss dealers and see what you come up with. I wish I could remember the dealer I used but I cant.
Bill

I've looked just about everywhere on the net for info but come up short.
I quess I need to do this the old fashioned way - find a local talented mechanic that's had experience with loaders.
I fully expected someone knowledgable here to come forth and say that of the two controls offered on the Woods 1006 (Danfoss & Husco), the Dafoss didn't float and the Husco did - but no.
Do you know where the Danfos part number is on the control valve?

/ Woods 1006 will not float #6  
Try a google for tractors/woods loaders like this for sale try calling some of them see if they know anything about your loader setup. Have you checked with a dealer? Sorry but I dont know much about your setup.

Woods 1006 Loader for 186D google this and get ahold of this guy maybe. It is another thread in here but I dont know how to link to it!

Good Luck!

/ Woods 1006 will not float #7  
Ya know, I have a Woods 1006 and it don't float either, and never has come to think of it. Is it supposed too?

I spoke with the Mechanic at my local Kubota dealer - finally - and he's certain the Danfoss control has a float position.
He's suggested that I remove the "cup" again, be sure the interior is really clean, drill a tiny drain hole, fill the cup with grease and re-assemble.
He said the valve only needs to go just a little futrther to reach the float position.
I'll try it when we get a break in these low temps.

Finally a warmer day has come so I've taken off the spool detent assembly once aqgain and thoroughly cleaned everything.
I re-assembled the assembly with grease and the recommended drain hole.
Now it's all nice and clean and still doesn't go into a float position.
What next?

/ Woods 1006 will not float #10  
Not sure if this will help. The bolt on my Nimco valve that compressed the spring loosened off and would bottom out on the cup before it reached the float position. I tightened the bolt and got float.

Attachments

• 116819d1229795511-joystick-float-gc2300-nimco-lift-spool.jpg
    116819d1229795511-joystick-float-gc2300-nimco-lift-spool.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 486