Woods 1020 Loader

/ Woods 1020 Loader #11  
The loader does have a positive stop built into the hinge point that is useful for banging out dirt and clay that clings to the inside of the bucket.

I do not have the quick attach bucket -

One complaint I do have about the controls is that when un-curling the bucket quickly, the unloaded side of the cylinders seem to draw in air from the hydraulic system and it does take a second to reverse direction. I think this has more to do with the joystick hydraulic valves than the actual bucket.

I wish they made hydraulic pressure actuated check valves in the return lines of each circuit so that the unloaded side of the cylinder always had 100 psi or so of residual pressure - this would do wonders to improve control and performance - would probably double the price of the valve body though.

After seeing a few Kubota FEL's all beat to heck, I am glad I bought the Woods loader . . .

/ Woods 1020 Loader
Ken,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad the 1016 Woods has the positive bucket stop.

I wasn't real impressed with the Kubota FEL's I examined at the dealer last week. However, I have heard they are very strong and reliable. My experience with the little Woods 1009 loader was 100% positive, so I am going to look at Woods.

I'm going to have to re-do the pins on my current loader. That's pretty disappointing after only 350 hours.

I'll get a rework estimate, and if it costs more than a cheap lathe I will just buy a one and make my own pins. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Woods 1020 Loader #13  
The 1016 is available with quick-attach buckets, but understand that this is an option. I heard Woods has updated their valves to allow quicker bucket functions, but not sure if this has been done for the 1016.