woods 1050 backhoe attachment

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
iphone 2015 pics 193.jpg

iphone 2015 pics 197.jpg

I was wondering what you guys thought I could get for this. I bought 8 acres of land about a year ago and its still there. We are getting ready to build. I have no use for it and not even sure if it works. I think it does b/c there are spots where you can tell it was used on the property. When i searched online i saw these going for around 5200 to 6000. Is that accurate. I may ask to see what i could get for trade when i buy a tractor this summer. I dont know the year of it

thanks

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment #2  
Here's some info:
http://steenent.com/documents/Backhoes20Full20Line20B12083.pdf

Except for the seat, it looks brand new. Doesn't have any grease on any of the fittings...but it may have been power washed.

According to the brochure I linked to (above), it's a Category 2 or 3 backhoe. Woods recommends a minimum of 50 PTO HP. I'm guessing this 'hoe cost more then $10K new. I'd put it on Craigslist for $6K and see what kind of response you get.

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment #4  
I bought a smaller woods BH750 about 34 months ago for $3400.
The 1050 is larger than mine so I agree with Roy for a price.

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment #5  
While it is in good condition, it does look used as there is wear on the teeth, and unfortunately some rods have rust starting on them, the lack of grease showing is a concern also. The hoses might be weather cracked as well, but all in all a great find and it definitely has value.

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment #6  
thats in excellent condition. teeth look to have almost no wear at all.. seat who cares put some duct tape on it or buy a new one for under 100 bucks.

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment
Yea Ill leave the seat as is. maybe i can find someone that needs this thing. i contacted a dealer to see if he would trade for it but he wasnt sure.

/ woods 1050 backhoe attachment #8  
Yea Ill leave the seat as is. maybe i can find someone that needs this thing. i contacted a dealer to see if he would trade for it but he wasnt sure.

I'd replace the seat...a crappy seat like that (which is odd, since the rest of the backhoe looks so good) could give a potential buyer pause. A hundred dollars to replace the seat...might add 500 dollars to the sale price.