Backhoe woods 80x backhoe

/ woods 80x backhoe #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
Made a deal with my dealer for a Woods 80X BH .... subframe mount, 18" bucket, & 9" bucket, all installed and ready to go to work...$7000 even. After he figured his discounts etc it came to $7031 - he made the huge gesture of knocking off the $31 ..:rolleyes: ...but I'm still thinkin' it's a fair deal ....whatcha all think?

/ woods 80x backhoe #2  
Mike, have you got to dig with it yet? Any pictures? That is about the same price I paid for my BH90 with only one bucket.

/ woods 80x backhoe #3  
7000 sounds good to me, I just paid 7800 for my backhoe w/ subframe and 18 " bucket. My local J D dealer gives no breaks

JD049Medium.jpg

/ woods 80x backhoe #4  
mikim said:
Made a deal with my dealer for a Woods 80X BH .... subframe mount, 18" bucket, & 9" bucket, all installed and ready to go to work...$7000 even. After he figured his discounts etc it came to $7031 - he made the huge gesture of knocking off the $31 ..:rolleyes: ...but I'm still thinkin' it's a fair deal ....whatcha all think?

Sounds fair, my Woods BH70-X with the thumb & 12" bucket was a bit less, tractor picked up, subframe and BH installed at dealer and delivered was ~$6,600

Attachments

• Woods-BH70-X-at-Woodbury-Tr.jpg
    Woods-BH70-X-at-Woodbury-Tr.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 567
   / woods 80x backhoe #5  
I go in for my 90x with hydraulic thumb next week. You guys are killing me with these pics. I gotta get mine installed and working soon. :) . Sure sounds like these hoes are definitely a quality product.

/ woods 80x backhoe
txdon said:
Mike, have you got to dig with it yet? Any pictures? That is about the same price I paid for my BH90 with only one bucket.

Just got it back yesterday -- then it started raining and we needed to get our act together for coming home today anyway - so we only spent a few minutes playing with it. BTW -- it's probably not a good idea to let one's wife meet his "hoe" :rolleyes: ---- at least in my case -- she has plans for it her own self!;) :eek:

Attachments

• hoe&wife (600 x 450).jpg
    hoe&wife (600 x 450).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 592
  • hoe1 (676 x 507).jpg
    hoe1 (676 x 507).jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 557
   / woods 80x backhoe #7  
do you guys know what the average price is for another bucket on these hoes? I got an 18" bucket but was curious if it was much more if I ended up needing one.

/ woods 80x backhoe #8  
Unless policy has changed since 99 my first bucket no matter size was part of the hoe price and second was goiing rate, so i chose the most expensive (24") to be first second was 9 inch at $190. In december 2002 I had a trench footing to dig for my brothers stepdaughter's addition which I wasnt going to charge then the inspector came back and said he wanted a 16" wide footing. I thought ok, a good excuse to get 18" bucket, dealer said $360 I passed and used the 9". It took a long time on account of the cold blue clay sticking in that bucket (their township was called Clay :(). Anyways the stepdaughters husband insisted I take some money (i hate when that happens). If I knew I was gonna get paid I would have bought the 18" OTOH it would have been a lot quicker job and I would have declined the money.

Back to the questions,

Lee - I think you can estimate these buckets by the inch, seems about $22/inch.

Mikim - yeah I think thats fair, but I havent priced this new model. My price for the 7500 GroundBreaker was $5660 b4 steel prices went bezerk and installed by myself. Plus you have a little more depth and more expensive dual cylinder boom swing.

/ woods 80x backhoe #9  
mikim said:
BTW -- it's probably not a good idea to let one's wife meet his "hoe" :rolleyes: ---- at least in my case -- she has plans for it her own self!;) :eek:

Hey, they come in blue, how pretty. No wonder the wife likes it. You should have got the orange, a good clash might have repulsed her. :D

/ woods 80x backhoe
We work well together and the first priority for this hoe is stump digging; so I'm thinking the way this will work is - she'll be primary operator on the hoe - I'll be the shovel, ax, chainsaw man on the ground, and each time we have to move the tractor - I'll climb in the seat and move her to the next stump. When I mean we have a few stumps to dig ... I'd guess there to be around 50 -- mostly small oaks less than 12" dia. Problem with these post oaks though is that tap root goes straight down as big as the trunk and generally refuses to let go. Plan is to dig down a couple of feet and cut it off. I have driveway material being delivered on Monday and a whole lot of those stumps are right there - so this weekend we'll be getting some practice.