Woods tractor

/ Woods tractor #1  

Oldfarmscrap_01

Tractor
Allis Chalmers B
Hello, I'm am currently in the market to buy an older tractor (40s, 50s, and maybe 60s) I'm looking for something to haul firewood and pull trees. Also occasionally pull a hay rake and mow some grass with. I currently have a 39 Allis Chalmers B, its a good tractor but I want some a little bit stronger so I'm going to sell it. Does anybody have some good suggestions? My budget is $1,000 - $1,1000 not very good but its what I got. Thanks!

/ Woods tractor #2  
Where are you located ? I am in western NY, and my neighbor just recently pushed a non-running Ford 9n out to the road. He says he wants $1200 for it. It has decent tires on it and he claims the clutch and all the fluids were changed and that it ran good when he parked it 2 years ago.

I have a 1951 Ford 8n, which is nearly identical, with just a couple more hp. It is a great woods tractor. These are way easier to get on and off of than your AC (I just got rod of my model C last year so I know what you got to deal with - no fun for an old guy).

I am planning on offering him $900 for his 9n because I could use a rear tire and rim right now for my 8n. Right after I finished my spring plowing, my loaded right rear rim rusted thru. I still have half my corn to plant so I need that tire and rim fast.

His 9n has an old rusty, loaded right rear tire, and a unloaded left, with a new rim. My plan is to put that loaded right on my 8n, to finish out the season.

When I get more time, I will buy another new rim and tube to put my old tire on. I will then put the two unloaded rear tires and new rims on my 8n. I will put the two loaded rears with rusty rims on the 9n, try and get it running, and sell it for around $1100.

Last edited: