Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch #1  

MossyDell

Silver Member
Tractor
B2601 (2021) B6100E (1988) B2100 (1991) JD970 (1998)
I have been planning to get a Land Pride Quick Hitch, partly because most of my rear attachments for my B2601 are Land Pride so far. However, I am looking for a Woods Brush Bull cutter and the regional Woods salesman has a Woods Quick Hitch (TQH1) he's eager to sell. The price beats Land Pride by $100-200 and it's ON THE LOT!

Does anyone know if the Woods hitches have proven compatible with Land Pride attachments and implements? I have a Land Pride 1560 box blade and a Heavy Hitch, at this point. The Heavy Hitch folks told me they designed with the Land Pride hitch in mind so that's a consideration too.

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch #2  
Haven't found a Cat1 quickhitch that didn't work yet. Cheap ones out of spec a bit, but Cat1 is Cat1 (unless its Green.. ;))

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch #3  
Not sure about anything other than land pride.....I know they are zero problems with land pride implements. I'm so happy that it's drop hook and go with another. Worth the money in my opinion.

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch
The Woods Quick Hitch has an adjustable top hook. Also supposedly a couple pieces of steel/bracket for a floating top link. I haven't seen it in person so don't know if that's on it or an option.

My good news from late yesterday is the salesman says I can borrow the hitch and see if it will work. That is, try it on my Land Pride box blade and my Heavy Hitch. The irony will be if it doesn't work on the Woods cutter I am ordering!

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch #5  
Take a few measurements of your implements and check against the Qh, I bought a qh and tried it on several implements, Took it back , Bought a pats Qh , Love it.

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch #6  
Sent my Pat's PITA hitch to the scrap metal yard. You may want to up grade to a hydraulic top link for the box blade.

You may want to reference this if buying used implements

/ Woods vs Land Pride Quick Hitch #7  
This may answer your questions...

If all are built to specs. it should not matter unless you believe one brand has better quality then another....
_ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg

Thanks, DL, I'd seen that and just watched it again! About the only hitch he didn't have in the lineup was a Woods. It does look a lot like the Speeco but is about 15 lbs heavier so I think it and the Woods are different.

I thought I'd round off this thread by reporting on the Woods Quick Hitch. So I got it and it fits perfectly my three rear attachments: a Land Pride box blade, a Heavy Hitch, and a Land Pride rotary cutter. I am pleased and relieved.

Now, did I overpay for an El Cheapo model in disguise? Maybe. It looks identical to the Worksaver quick hitch, especially with its curved release handles. I'm not sure what Worksavers cost. Mine came with a heavy duty floating link bracket and a set of bushings for $400.

I've decided to be happy. With the pandemic backlog, the Land Pride models seem to be sold out even at $500+. But I am in business. Am not sure how the link adapter fitting works but I don't need it so far.

The only reason to get off the tractor seat will be if the hitch's angle needs to be adjusted for hook up. My box blade wants the hitch slanted back toward the box a bit (longer top link). And that works with my Heavy Hitch, as the slant isn't much.

It appears I can hook on to my cutter that way, but for its built-in floating top link to work best the manual says to keep the three contact points lined up. That setting permits the hitch to adjust when the cutter and tractor are on different levels, as at the bottom of a hill. Not sure if a little slant makes much difference, probably not.