Words with Apostrophes !

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #1  

Scrambler82

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 28XL, HST, TLB
Hello,
I have noticed when reading posting that whenever an "Apostrophe" is used in a word the word does not display correctly.
Words like I'm, or Don't, they display as the word and then some sort of non-standard characters, sometime more than one.

Just something I noticed but I am asking to have it corrected.

Thx for your time and effort put in this Web Site, a Keeper It Is !

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #2  
Also happens to some degree with some symbols and words with things like umlauts and cedillas etc...

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #3  
I remember German Class and how I hated the Umlauts! lol

The cat steps on my keyboard every now and then and I lose a bunch of symbols like ' and ?, getting replacements I have never seen before. I have to shut down and reboot to correct it.

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #4  
I believe the issue is from mobile device's. It's even worse what they try to use emoji's.

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #5  
I believe the issue is from mobile device's. It's even worse what they try to use emoji's.

"We HAAVE a winnerrr! ..." :thumbsup:

I posted once from my phone during a power outage, but just as power came back on, and I saw the result from the laptop.

Quick editing from the computer tidied up the 'mobile misprint' bit. I could barely read what I'd just written. :eek:

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #6  
The issue also occurs when using a regular desktop system...

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #7  
I thought this was going to be a thread about:

it's vs. its,
you're vs. your,
they're versus there's, vs. theirs.

I could offer advice on those, but when it comes to describing an item owned by (say) Chris, I have no clue if it's Chris's or Chris' (or Chris'es, etc...) item. :confused3:

Edit: Research says using either Chris's or Chris' is acceptable.

Also note: Your parent's house is owned by 1 parent, but your parents' house is owned by both of them. Hmm....I never knew that!!!

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #8  
I thought this was going to be a thread about:

it's vs. its,
you're vs. your,
they're versus there's, vs. theirs.

I could offer advice on those, but when it comes to describing an item owned by (say) Chris, I have no clue if it's Chris's or Chris' (or Chris'es, etc...) item. :confused3:

Edit: Research says using either Chris's or Chris' is acceptable.

Also note: Your parent's house is owned by 1 parent, but your parents' house is owned by both of them. Hmm....I never knew that!!!

Wow....If we are going to fix punctuation here on TBN let' also go for tense.
Lots of issues there.

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #9  
Wow....If we are going to fix punctuation here on TBN let' also go for tense.
Lots of issues there.

How about separating into paragraphs and run on sentences? :D

/ Words with Apostrophes ! #10  
attachment.php

D567E554-463C-4117-A43B-61A1C59DC3B2.gif