Work boots

/ Work boots #71  
Used to buy Carolina boots, but the quality on them went downhill...wouldn't last a year.

Now I'm wearing Timberland Pro Boondock. Composite toe, not steel toe. Very comfortable boot, they have a great insole that comes with them (I've always used aftermarket insoles with Carolina). 6 months into wearing, they are holding up well....I'd imagine several years minimum.

Amazon.com | Timberland PRO Men's Boondock 6 Inch Waterproof Non-Insulated Work Boot, Brown Oiled Distressed, 1 M US | Industrial & Construction Boots

/ Work boots #74  
Wore Red Wings as a kid in late 70's early 80's then mostly wore tennis shoes after that. When FIL passed away in 2010 and realized I was gonna be doing a lot of stuff in the pasture and with cows I went and bought a pair of Red Wing Pecos style. Wore them all day for a full week working in mesquite. They're tough but I had blisters all over my feet. Had couple guys tell me to put a plastic grocery bag over my socks, go stand in a bucket of water, and wear em wet. Then they'll dry and form to your foot. I did this and they went from uncomfortable to comfortable. Don't wear them every day but they're six years old now. Some stitching on the seam is starting to come out now.

/ Work boots #77  
Never heard of Nailseat but mine say Pecos on the strap just like these. Bought mine at a local feed store six years ago. When I get another pair I'm gonna do like last time and put a plastic bag of my socks, soak em with water real good, then wear em til they dry out and form to my feet.

/ Work boots #78  
Never heard of Nailseat but mine say Pecos on the strap just like these. Bought mine at a local feed store six years ago. When I get another pair I'm gonna do like last time and put a plastic bag of my socks, soak em with water real good, then wear em til they dry out and form to my feet.

Look at the tag in the boot if it says 1178 then you got the right boot. Usually they will have to be ordered or bought at a Redwing store. More likely to find them in a store in Texas than anywhere else.

I'd try the oil treatment that Redwing sells before the water soaking treatment. It will help them break in faster. I bought a bottle and treated three pair, still had some left. One pair was over 20 years old and very dried out and cracked. Look a lot better now and feel great again.

/ Work boots #80  
They really are the best. Especially the sole. Unbelievable.

Forgot to add they are a Made in America.

I followed up on this and stopped by a Redwing store to try on boots. I tried several of the better Redwing slip on styles, but I'm not sure how they are supposed to feel. The foot area felt tight and uncomfortable, but they still slipped on the heal. I thought some slipping should be expected and asked for a larger size but the sales person said I should have no slipping at all, and that the tighter forefoot area was needed to hold the boot tight on my foot. They wanted me to try on a smaller size but there was no way I could get my foot into anything smaller. None of that seemed right since they felt very uncomfortable, so I left. How are these slip on boots supposed to fit/feel? Maybe my foot isn't shaped right for them.