Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series
Grumpy...how do you run the grapple? Did you add the 3rd rear yourself?

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #32  
If you have been following my other thread about the hell we have been in for 7+ months with our T494 you will know why we are now seeking a full refund. Sufficient to say that after sale support from the manufacture and parts are non-existent.

Assuming we are successful our next choice is the MT3 line. the 494 had a 49hp engine, the MT3 offers 4 different HP levels although the lifting capacity for all is the same according to specs.

What has your real world experience been with the HP in your MT3 series and are there any concerns you have had we should be aware of?

I know 1 big difference is the much lower lift height of 96 inches vs the 110 on the T494, but at this point having a tractor with a low lift is better than having a tractor in the shop that you can't ever use.

Our uses for the tractor in order of importance will be:

1. moving brush
2. moving snow with a self contained berco 72 inch snow blower (has its own 33hp vanguard motor)
3. cutting about 1/2 a mile of ditch with sickle mower
4. moving a few round bales from time to time

Thanks.
I have a 2029 LS2025H with only 70hrs. Damn fuel pump solenoid went already to a tune of $578. Like the tractor but it only has 18hp at the PTO. I didn't know that at the time since this is my first tractor. Wish I had 30hp at PTO to run a bigger wood chipper.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #33  
I would not go with harbor freight tractors if I was burnt by one. If you go that route and have no issues then good, you win. If you do have issues I would go mainstream with more of a dealer/manufacturer support. Could be your area just can’t support those tractors.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #34  
We absolutely loved our LS XR4145 until we didn't. After about 6 years and 400 hours it started throwing a mixed bag of engine sensor codes. You'll need a LS diagnostic computer to properly diagnose the specific issue. Our issue turned out to be a myriad of wiring harness issues from various rub spots between the harness and the frame. That was picked up by the ECU which in turn translated harness issues into ECU generated engine issues. After a couple of trips to the shop and weeks upon weeks of waiting on parts, etc we finally got it back and thus far it's back to it's old self - except that I no longer trust it. It will be sold in the Spring.

After MUCH research we decided on the TYM 574 mainly because it's a much more "beefy" frame AND THERE'S NO ECU ON THE ENGINE! The TYM with the Kukje engine is about as mechanical as you can find on a tractor over 25HP. Plus we went with the cab and hydrostatic model vs the shuttle this time. We considered the 65HP TYM but alas that also comes with DEF and an ECU so back to the 574 - which is the 494 with an added turbo.

Bottom line is that parts availability and dealer support on any brand is going to be a hit or miss proposition in my opinion. We looked at Kubotas but they are way over priced compared to others (roughly $12k difference in our particular case) in my opinion AND I really didn't like their nickel and dime approach to adding "upgrades" to the basic unit. "Upgrades" that I think should come standard. Long lead times are I'm afraid more the norm than not these days. The more simple the engine the less there is to go wrong. ECU's and DPF's are very expensive parts to have worked on or replaced so we chose to not take that risk and to rely on instead on the tried and true basic mechanical design of the Kukje engine.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #35  
I cannot understand a person's thought process when they buy one no-name tractor and it burns them...and then they decide to buy another no-name tractor. You aren't saving money if your tractor is in the shop and they can't fix it and don't want to help you.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #36  
I cannot understand a person's thought process when they buy one no-name tractor and it burns them...and then they decide to buy another no-name tractor. You aren't saving money if your tractor is in the shop and they can't fix it and don't want to help you.
Even as very happy LS owner I agree with this statement. If I had to rely on dealer support I would not necessarily buy an off brand, dealer support can (and is) all over place in terms of quality and service.
Note - coming up on 600 hours on mine.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #37  
Even as very happy LS owner I agree with this statement. If I had to rely on dealer support I would not necessarily buy an off brand, dealer support can (and is) all over place in terms of quality and service.
Note - coming up on 600 hours on mine.

I'm assuming you mean you are fixing problems yourself. But if you buy a machine brand new, I would expect the dealer to fix any problems under warranty. I work on everything myself as well - but if its under warranty I'm not fixing it unless its something easy. And sometimes, only the dealer has the tools or diag equipment to fix things. On your LS, does it have a DPF? Having a problem with the DPF or even the common rail fuel injection system would be hard for me to self-diagnose on my Kubota, since I have no means of scanning for trouble codes or reading sensors or actuators.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #38  
My New Holland (LS) has 200 hours now and has been 100% flawless with zero repairs. I still have no regrets. I shopped, sat on, operated, researched every brand on the market before buying it. The LS/NH was clearly the best value on the market, and NH dealers are everywhere.

I wouldn't touch a Kubota with a ten foot pole. I have no idea how those tractors got so popular.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #39  
As an LS owner, 2014 LS XR4046, its been a great tractor until its not. 700 hours and I can tell you the work it has done, it dug out my foundation for my retirement home I built, by dug out, I mean for a floating slab (frost protected insulated slab) and put fill in, for hours and hours its has worked flawlessly, religiously maintained. I bought the tractor to be the LAST newer one I own, it only had 12 hours on it when I bought it. The only issue now is that its sitting broken down at the moment and that is due to emissions NOT the actual tractor itself. According to the dealer, needs an ECU and new DPF, cost $4500. This is the drawback to any tier 4 engine and its not just specific to LS, many other brands are also facing the same dilemma. The engine itself is a Shibaura, good engines IF they don't have emissions crap on it. Since I paid over $20 grand for the tractor and its no longer under warranty, I have decided to keep it and find a work around for the emissions, as I would rather spend my money finding a work around that works instead of just replacing it with another tractor. If I had a choice right now to buy in today's market, I would go "Old", meaning no emissions tractor if you can find it. Its disappointing when the neighbor has an old Ford tractor with over 10k hours and no major issues, then I look at mine with only 700 hours and now crippled by the EPA. Do your research, there is NOTHING worse than having a break down in the field and even if you are competent mechanic you cannot fix it because of computers and emissions stuff, you lose time and lots n lots of money. If I would have bought an older LS such as 2012 etc. it might not have had any emissions on it or just a little if that.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #40  
I'm assuming you mean you are fixing problems yourself. But if you buy a machine brand new, I would expect the dealer to fix any problems under warranty. I work on everything myself as well - but if its under warranty I'm not fixing it unless its something easy. And sometimes, only the dealer has the tools or diag equipment to fix things. On your LS, does it have a DPF? Having a problem with the DPF or even the common rail fuel injection system would be hard for me to self-diagnose on my Kubota, since I have no means of scanning for trouble codes or reading sensors or actuators.
Even warranty repairs, unless the dealer is willing to transport 100+ miles one way for free. I do have DPF. ECM, Fuel Injection, etc. I had some minor confusion with the DPF but running it harder than I need to has cleared things up. I do have a standard ODB2 interface on my LS and my high end scanner can pull and reset codes, nothing bad but helped my figure out how to keep the DPF and Regens happy. I can operate at 15-1800 to do most things but the tractor is happier at 18-2200 overall doing that work. Just learning curve on my part. My old Kubota just puttered along as needed.
Now I'm coming up on 6 years so warranty is not really in play anyway and like many DPF will go away if/when it gives me trouble.
I do have Kubota dealer 30 miles away but only see him IF he happens to stock a part I need. Mostly he has to order it and takes longer (and mo $$) than if I just order from Coleman or Messick.