Worn Steering Linkage

/ Worn Steering Linkage #11  
I don't know what the Kubota people call it.

Ball/socket Joint?
Steering Ram End Ball Joint?
Tie Rod?

But send a pic to your dealer so he can order the correct items. Or take in the worn parts when you get them off.

Replace both sides if you have the time/inclination/money.

Remember that you need to measure the Toe-in before you dismantle so you can reset afterwards as the parts you are replacing are all adjustable and affect wheel alignment.

Good Luck.
:wrench:

/ Worn Steering Linkage
I printed a photo and went in today I did not check to see the part names though .I am hoping someone here will look at the picture and tell me the correct names. There are vendors here that may have a better price.

/ Worn Steering Linkage #13  
Seriously Jeff. Steering and Brakes - Two areas where you want top quality. Price is not an issue surely? On a maximum spend of $312 according to you earlier. ??
On the $120 kit how much are you looking to reduce your cost by - $10 or $50 ?
For $10 I wouldn't bother.
For $50 I wouldn't have confidence in the joint going downhill with a load in the bucket.

/ Worn Steering Linkage
Don't tell me that!!! I just e-mailed Messicks, or how ever you say it the photo in this post. I asked them if I could buy just the ball and the socket pieces. So now just wait and see I guess

/ Worn Steering Linkage #19  
According to the OP we're dealing with an L2950.
So that's helpful... not.

Part of the OP's question was "what are they called", the BX part helped provide a reference in that way.

/ Worn Steering Linkage
Thanks Cal
Axial Ball joint sounds good. I wrote to Messicks last evening but I have not heard back from them yet?

I just went out and got my serial number and called Messicks. Got a very nice lady on the phone and she helped me find out if I could buy just the ball and socket end of this assembly. Evidently the E-MAIL tab on their site goes to spam or something she said?

She was on the phone with me so she gave me her business e-mail so we could share the info back and forth. The answer is no you can get the entire assembly outer ball joint to steering cylinder or a smaller (i.e.) sub assembly tie rod and inner ball and socket connector ( that is what it is called). The sub is what I ordered in Bangor yesterday for $120.00+ tax they (Messicks ) have it for $127.00 but there would also be shipping. So seeing as how I already have it ordered I will keep with that I guess.

I will say though that lady called me back a few minutes later to be sure I understood that $127.00 was the price all in there would be no tax. But there still would have been shipping.

She walked me through getting an illustrated parts diagram saved so I can find my tractor parts easier next time and showed me how to look at different systems on that list like electrical, cooling ,brakes ect.... My tractor is a L-2950 DT on my tractor it also has a "7" after the DT.

Not to offend any business advertising here but they seem to be a very easy to deal with company . I am sure I will be back sometime just not too soon I hope!

Last edited: