Worth it

/ Worth it #1  

dakotahorse1524

Tractor
Branson
Good day everyone. I've browsed this form a few times for odds and ends. Now my neighbor is wanting to sell her Branson 2400, I've been using it a lot so thinking of buying it off her, problem is she wants me to figure out the asking price (I do a lot for her on her property and stuff). Not sure how to figure it.

It's 10 or so years old, has the bucket, hour meter says 77,722, which I know is not actual usage, I'd say 100 a year or less. Also with it comes the finish mower, 5ft box,straight and garden rake. I know it needs some work, looks to have an oil leak, and maybe an alternator. I have a few pictures to reference. Thank you
20220425_155939.jpg
20220425_155825.jpg
20220425_155644.jpg
20220425_155855.jpg

/ Worth it #2  
So it works for you and you are asking for a price that's "good" for you and her (not rip her off...)

It's pretty rough, so it sits outside it's whole life? No problem, that's what they are meant to do but it will cut the price some. Namely, how weathered are the hydraulic hoses (they ain't cheap to replace). The leaks, can you handle them? or is it going to the dealer to be fixed. IMHO, if it goes to the dealer, it's not going to be worth it...

This is just a wild a$$ guess and I'm cheap so this price will be on the lower end (most likely) - $6k would be the tops; with $5k covering some "repairs".

/ Worth it
6k is what I was thinking. I would do the repairs if need be, the hydraulic lines is something I was thinking about as well. It will definitely need at least another front tire soon, I just replaced one. I appreciate it. You think that 6k covers teh implements as well? Everything does sit outside uncovered

/ Worth it #4  
Actually, no I was not thinking of the implements... are they all 5 footers? What shape are they? Also, "finish mower, 5ft box,straight and garden rake" The "Straight" is that a rear blade or a straight rake?? (which I don't know about :) ).

If the finishing mower has well greased spindles (which I'm guessing might need to be replaced in the future)... or another question is it rusted out or in pretty good shape? $600 for the mower in great condition; $350 for the box blade in great shape; $200 for rear blade and same for the rake. I might add a Grand for all of it and NOT have to deal with Craig's List Morons... (which would only offer penny's on the dollar).

I guess the next question, Do you need these implements or can they be sold separately? Also, you might live in a "high" dollar place... which would effect prices.

I've bought rear blades from $30 to $250; 6 foot finishing mower in near mint condition for $750; So it does matter a bit on where you are (North East or far west higher) Here in the south, it's been easier (although, not lately). So, yea, I hear lately price are up, $7k for everything might not be bad for both parties.

/ Worth it
All are 5ft. The blade is a regular straight blade. Everything is rusty but not rusted through. The finish mower has never been properly fixed in the gear box, it needs a seal but her son just puts grease in it all the time.

/ Worth it #6  
but her son just puts grease in it all the time.
That works fine... but I wouldn't pay top dollar for that.

All of my implements work and they are all Rusted... but I bought mine at much cheaper prices. Let us know how she reacts to the price. It could go either way - thinking it worth more or surprised it's worth anything. She doesn't know most likely... but I'm sure she has a ballpark price in her head.

/ Worth it
I sure will. I'm not positive we will buy it, I'd like something bigger eventually, just sucks to loose the use of it for now, and it's not a need just yet, just nice to have.