Would this work ?

/ Would this work ? #1  

Biggreenavalanche

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 35, Mahindra 4035
I have a Mahindra 2012, 4035 PST, came from the factory with one remote, I have the kit for a second remote, I want to also have a 3rd/4th remote who's sole purpose is for hydraulic top and tilt...would this valve/spool work for that pupose ? And, could it be further plumbed for true third function on the loader ? (for future root rake grapple) I do like the idea of top and tilt associated with a joystick...

Surplus Center - 2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

I understand that if this is the correct valve/spool, I'll need hoses and a good mounting point...but will I need anything else ?

Would I plumb this through/from the existing remote ?

If you haven't figured it out I'm a total hydraulic novice !!:laughing:

thanks in advance for any advice...

Rich

/ Would this work ? #2  
Would I plumb this through/from the existing remote ?

Does the valve that controls the existing remotes have a 'Power Beyond' port? if so then you install a plug and plumb the new valve from the PB port on the existing valve...the return line can be Tee'd to the existing return...

/ Would this work ?
/pine, I'll have to check this afternoon...don't know the answer off the top of my head..."the return line can be Tee'd to the existing return"...do you mean the return to the existing remote, tee'd in before the return gets to the remote, right ? sorry for what appears to be stupid questions but I really don't know diddly about hydraulics...lucky to spell it correctly...instead of tee'ing in to return, could the power beyond from this new valve/spool be utilized for the third function and then returned to system somewhere else ?

Thanks for ya patience !

Rich

/ Would this work ? #4  
/pine, I'll have to check this afternoon...don't know the answer off the top of my head..."the return line can be Tee'd to the existing return"...do you mean the return to the existing remote, tee'd in before the return gets to the remote, right ? sorry for what appears to be stupid questions but I really don't know diddly about hydraulics...lucky to spell it correctly...instead of tee'ing in to return, could the power beyond from this new valve/spool be utilized for the third function and then returned to system somewhere else ?

Thanks for ya patience !

Rich

The return (low pressure) line gets tied back into the (any) return line going back to the tank...

You get pressure from the PB port on the existing valve...i.e.,:

plumb PB port on existing valve to the "IN" or "pressure" port on the new valve

The return or "tank or OUT" port gets teed into the return on the existing valve

You will need the power beyond "plug" for the existing valve (this allows the fluid to go to the new valve instead of returning to the tank)

The power beyond port on the new valve would only be used if you need to add an additional control valve...

The member "J_J" will be able to advise you on the best valve etc...(he watches this forum and will reply)

/ Would this work ? #5  
just to clarify...

The "remotes" (ports) are the (2 for each spool) working ports (usually w/quick disconnects)...these are separate from the In and Out ports on the valve body...

If you already have one set of remote QD's and you add a 2 spool valve (for T&T) your original remote set will be your 3rd function use...

/ Would this work ? #6  
If you want to use a joystick for your next 3 remote outlets, why not just install a bank of 3 diverters and use the FEL control valve? That way you would have control of 5 functions all from your loader joystick. My understanding is that John Deere does this exact thing on some of their tractors. ;)

/ Would this work ?
ok, think I've got the gist of it...basically, everthing starts at tank and eventually returns to tank, nothing will end at valve/spool, last spool goes to tank or return line...so from existing "qd", remove pb plug, replace with pb sleeve to high pressure side of new valve, from low pressure side, pb sleeve to either the next valve in line or return to low pressure on previous valve...either way, end up at a low pressure point or tank ?

Rich

/ Would this work ?
mtview...nope, just the joy stick for T&T...looking at an install for the valve/spool on left side of tractor, behind/beside seat...for the third function, i want to use a simple push button toggle, one button to push (and hold down) to close, one button to push (and hold down) to open...or something along those lines...want to install the button on the existing joystick for one hand operation of the grapple...

I know, picky picky picky... LOL

Rich

/ Would this work ? #9  
ok, think I've got the gist of it...basically, everthing starts at tank and eventually returns to tank, nothing will end at valve/spool, last spool goes to tank or return line...so from existing "qd", remove pb plug, replace with pb sleeve to high pressure side of new valve, from low pressure side, pb sleeve to either the next valve in line or return to low pressure on previous valve...either way, end up at a low pressure point or tank ?

Rich

Each valve will need a return (to tank) line (can be teed together)

The original pressure line comes from the pump (and returns to the tank) PB ports give you access to this pressure

on the new valve you will NOT use the internal plug or sleeve on the PB port...it will just get capped off...

/ Would this work ?
ok, gotcha...so for a two spool there will be two return lines from the spool...and those can be tee'd together...

told ya, total newbie at the hydraulic thing...

Thanks

Rich