Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)?

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #41  
Curious why you don't mow with the tractor? I have a mower for the SS but only use it for bush hogging type stuff.
You got all the hard work done, now break out that tractor man.đź‘Ť

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #42  
the tractor was open cab, bugs and wind, dust add the fact it was slow, real slow going and looking backward to see whats happening, purchased a finish mower for the skidsteer, works great, dust free air conditioning in summer and heat in fall, turns on a dime and add the access to easily see where its going up front, since got a Toolcat now the wife or grandkid can ride along

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #43  

laurencen

Not being rude here but don't you have a friend who could use them if you can afford to just let the tractor and attachments "sit"? Have you not even considered selling them? I bet there are those who would haul them out your way just a favor to their new friend. LOL

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #44  
the smart thing would be sell them the tractor has under 50 hours, when I purchased the acreage we picked up the tractor and attachments figured it would be a all around machine, during the initial construction of the house and driveway it was used some but it was just too small and light for most all the work required so we purchased other equipment to do the task, the final nail was snow blowing, having to go backwards was a bummer and wind seemed to always blow snow to the driver.

figured my son would want it at his place, the grandson is now 7 and has a keen interest in tractors maybe he will use it some day, at this time its costing me nothing sitting in the container.

what I did learn quickly is get the equipment for the job, trenching get a backhoe, driveway get a large loader and at my age I need the enclosed cab with heat and air

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #45  
I hardly ever use my tractor since I bought my Kubota SVL95. If I could only have one or the other, I'd get the skid steer.

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #46  
I hardly ever use my tractor since I bought my Kubota SVL95. If I could only have one or the other, I'd get the skid steer.
CTL's are nice to have but I can't get over the feeling of being in a death trap with only one exit and you have to walk under a suspended load to get out. At least the SVL's have a zero clearance door that opens in and up. If you are in a late model bobcat with electronic controls you are SOL if the machine dies and the boom is part way up.

I also don't like the poor visibility in CTL's. I prefer sitting up high with a panoramic view. Just can't see my bucket cutting edge.

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #47  
I'm about 50/50 tractor/SS.
In my woods, the tractor is best. Real digging, truck loading, grading and especially using the forks - SS hands down the winner.
Each has their place (for me) and I love using each of them!

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #48  
If my pockets were overflowing with money I'd go with a telehandler (Merlo makes Ag ones [one or more] with 3pt that one can actually use for mowing [no offense to those pushing mowers, but I'd rather pull them]).
I started out pulling, but now would much rather push.
The 6' finish mower is a good pusher:
PA080006.JPG
PA080005.JPG
PA080002.JPG

/ Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #49  
I would do so every day of the week. That's not even a question to ask, it's obvious as day light. If it were to choose between some any other models, maybe it would be more to think about, but not in this case. The only one which I would never exchange for any other model is my electric skid steer, because it's so easy to do all the work with it, and it requires minimum effort. My experience with it is much better compared to any other internal combustion engine of this type.

Last edited:
   / Would you give up a tractor for a skid steer (CTL)? #50  
One of those Toolcats looks to be a great machine that could probably do most of what a tractor and skidsteer could do but the major problem I see with them is the cost I guess you could buy both a tractor and a used skidsteer for the price of one toolcat yet one of these imported direct from China is way cheaper different brand from what I have but very similar that replaced my Bobcat 747 definitely no regrets
[Hot Item] Everun Er412t High Quality 1.2ton Flexibility Diesel Engine Chinese Wheel Loader